• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Ring Of Death! Melting Tut

ScreamingSlug

H im going to tell you a simple way to fix the ring of death. This method Should ONLY be used tempoary, as it can fuck your xbox if used for more than a month.
I don't take any responsibility if your xbox breaks. This is very rare but can happen (and i mean very rare)

Ok so If you have the rIng of death it is not over, melting is a method of literally melting the motherboard back into place. The great thing about it is you DON'T have to open your xbox so the warranty won't go void.

Melting can be done in a few ways but ill tell you two.
The first way go and get 3 towels and wrap your xbox in them turn it on and within 20 minutes, your xbox should shut itself off due to overheating. Wait 1 minute and turn it back on Repeat this until it turns on normally. Then remove the towels.

The second i have not tryed and should only be used in extreme cases i.e your xbox is totally fucked and you want to play. Just pop it in the oven for a short period of time (im not going to say how long as i have never tryed but you should be able to judge) And once youve done that it should work fine! (for a while)

One major point about melting is it is tempoary. For example if you have never melted before you will get a week out of it before you have to melt again then it will go less and less time without being melted. A prime example and the longest i know of a freind of mine Melted for a month and it got to the point where he was melting before he played it every time.

:pirate::pirate::pirate:

ScreamingSlug

Mildly Legit said:
The oven idea seems like a really bad idea. It could easily explode.

I would say trust me but you don't know me but research it. It's a viable method. I've used the towel trick a couple of times and I know someone who used it for about a month. Like i said its A tempoary solution, and if you used it constantly it would explode.

Fireren

I think my neighbor tried this lol. And yeah don't use the oven it'll likely screw it up...

Weed™

Yeh my friends Xbox got the RRoD and we did the towel trick.
It worked for about a week and he sold it on eBay for $120.

ScreamingSlug

Like i said i was just trying to contribute Use it at your own discretion :)

Fireren

Yeah use the towel method. But try to avoid putting your xbox in the oven... Thanks for the share though OP.

ScreamingSlug

GAMEKINGZ said:
Nice method , next time just threw it into some fire :D works a little bit better (joking).

I was thinking into a jet engine the hotter the better :smile:

although this is a helpfull tut, best just to get it fixed profesionally or get a new one, not worth teh risk

Coolman909

<3 I use the toilet method,

You place your 360 in the toilet and leave it there for a good 30-50minutes.

It starts to work again!

- Cheers.