• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

PS3 root key

meneer15

The PS3 has been hacked. i'm on my iPod now and read the news on a game website. Shortly the hacking means that ppl now can install downloaded games and Install the Linux OS. I will post more later when I can use a PC.

EDIT:
I'm at home now and re-read the article. fail0verflow, the hacking group, make a few tools. I don't know if posting that link is allowed but I don't care, if it's not allowed, George or any mod here can remove the link.
Link: http://git.fail0verflow.com/?p=ps3tools.git;a=summary
This means that we can play our own-made games on the PS3 system as wel as pirated games. I am not really happy with this news because now were just diggin' our own grave by killing all game developers with buying pirated games. This happend before on PC and it was a reason why a lot of developers moved to the console. When the Xbox 360 got hacked, Microsoft lost a lot of Xbox-only game specials because of the pirating. Now that the PS3 is being hacked too, we will see what happens.

One more thing:
The hacking of a PS3 is not new, I Google'd a bit and found out a lot like dongle's that you plug in your system and bypasses any security / game validation on the PS3. Also I found out a sale for 1TB HD's with 90+ games installed on it playable without a cd.

It's all just a big fail if you ask me, that Fail0verflow should stick to his iPod / iPhone hacking he normally does. Let him kill the industry there first like the film and music industry are doing right now with torrents and newsgrouping. It's just a big fail and there aren't that much ppl who actually understand what their doing: Killing the entertainment industries.

achoo

Well this PS3 hack is new, there was a ps3 hack but for only games requiring 3.41 firmware of PS3 and we were not able to play the games which required 3.42 or 3.50 (which all new games reuired) but now we can play those 3.50 firwmare games also even the 3.55 mod is also coming in next month i guess or so. And the dongle which you are talking about is for jailbreaking our PS3.