• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

PS3 hacking scene discussion thread

achoo

So far the firmware 3.50 has been hacked and people are now able to play games that require 3.50 firmware in 3.41 by replacing the original eboot with the modified one. Fail0verfl0w (responsible for 3.50 FW hack) team member has said that now PS3 system is completely compromised and there is no way for sony to recover their consoles except for releasing a completely different hardware. But Sony has said that they will be fixing this by network updates. So we have two statements now from opposite parties. Now wait and see who are liars :p

Update I:
GeoHotz has released a CFW for 3.55 but this works for homebrew only ;)
source:http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/geohot-releases-3-55-jailbreak-75010/

achoo

my first post is updated. I will try my best to update this thread with the latest things going out there in the PS3 scene.

achoo

Police has raid the house of graf_chokolo and have taken all of his stuffs and computers. But luckily he was able to upload all his works in the scene on torrents. So that other people can continue his work.

Jackk

PS3's are becoming easier and easier to hack. The game "Call of duty - Modern Warfare 2" is pretty hard not to play in an hacked game on ps3 these days..