• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Penny Nickel?

Fanta

Power member.
Hey guys, so I'm a big longboarder, and I wanted to get something a little smaller then my Loaded Pintail to ride to school. I was wondering if the penny nickel is any good? If not what's a good board?

Exclusive

Power member.
Hope had a nickel board and thought it would be funny to skate it into a pool. The wheels barely even turn now haha

wall

Power member.
I personally don't like penny/nickel boards maybe because i skate street lol. However my friends have had them and they love them and they said I should get one. You should get one just to try it out. Id start off with a nickel personally because it would take a while to get used to a small board like a penny. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

Exclusive

Power member.
wall said:
I personally don't like penny/nickel boards maybe because i skate street lol. However my friends have had them and they love them and they said I should get one. You should get one just to try it out. Id start off with a nickel personally because it would take a while to get used to a small board like a penny. Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

I just like how they are a lot cheaper than everything else.

Fanta

Power member.
wall said:

Is the nickel good for cruising at all?

Exclusive

Power member.
Pimping said:
Is the nickel good for cruising at all?

Nickel is great for cruising in your neighborhood. If you live in the city they suck.

Fanta

Power member.
Anaheim said:
Nickel is great for cruising in your neighborhood. If you live in the city they suck.

I live in a town, with a lot of smooth streets. So is that ok?

Exclusive

Power member.
Pimping said:
I live in a town, with a lot of smooth streets. So is that ok?

Yeah it will be okay. They are kind of hard to stay on if you are S-turning a lot down a hill. This is because the lack of griptape haha. My neighbor hit a bump going down a hill with a decent slope and lost it so bad.

Fanta

Power member.
Anaheim said:
Yeah it will be okay. They are kind of hard to stay on if you are S-turning a lot down a hill. This is because the lack of griptape haha. My neighbor hit a bump going down a hill with a decent slope and lost it so bad.

Do you know if the grip tape you can get with it is any good?

Color

I was thinking of grabbing one a while back, but I was told the penny is much better. I stick to a regular board though.

Exclusive

Power member.
Pimping said:
Do you know if the grip tape you can get with it is any good?

No idea. Terry got 2 and I used to ride one, but they are both broken. Both did not have any griptape. They were plastic.

Fanta

Power member.
Anaheim said:
No idea. Terry got 2 and I used to ride one, but they are both broken. Both did not have any griptape. They were plastic.

Dang, all the people at my school who have penny boards don't have grip tape.

Color said:
I was thinking of grabbing one a while back, but I was told the penny is much better. I stick to a regular board though.

Oh it is, I thought it would be worse due to its size.

Exclusive

Power member.
Pimping said:

If anything, just get a nickel. Penny's are to short.

Fanta

Power member.
Anaheim said:
If anything, just get a nickel. Penny's are to short.

That's what I was thinking, I've ridden both and the penny is just way to short, also I can slide on the nickel cause it's longer.

Exclusive

Power member.
Pimping said:
That's what I was thinking, I've ridden both and the penny is just way to short, also I can slide on the nickel cause it's longer.

I was having a very hard time riding the penny. Wish hope dint screw up the wheels.

Fanta

Power member.
Anaheim said:
I was having a very hard time riding the penny. Wish hope dint screw up the wheels.

I can ride a penny, just it's so small I just can't go to fast.

Exclusive

Power member.
Pimping said:
I can ride a penny, just it's so small I just can't go to fast.

I would almost fall every time when I tried to adjust my footing.

Fanta

Power member.
Anaheim said:
I would almost fall every time when I tried to adjust my footing.

Ye, that's the issue, the footing, if the penny was wider I could ride it.

Color

Pimping said:

I was told that's what makes it better. Multiple people say the penny is smoother and more comfortable once you get used to it. I don't care for long boards and all, but from my experience and what I've been told, go with the penny. Globe also makes some quality boards in that category.

Fanta

Power member.
Color said:
I was told that's what makes it better. Multiple people say the penny is smoother and more comfortable once you get used to it. I don't care for long boards and all, but from my experience and what I've been told, go with the penny. Globe also makes some quality boards in that category.

I'll check out Globe, thanks.