• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

OnePlus One

Hurt

Has anybody here read anything about the OnePlus One?

Personally, I think it's a pretty cool phone.
The company that released it is calling it the Flagship Killer.

It has really good specs, about as good as the Samsung GS5 (released around the same time) and it runs on Cyanogen Mod.
I think it runs on Oxygen OS now, but that may be an alternate as you have the option to download Oxygen OS on their site.

The phone looks good and has a good size screen, and it's much cheaper than other phones!
It will run you $300 (16GB) or $350 (64GB) off contract.

Daimi

User is banned.
It's a decent phone, but at the moment I'm using HTC One M9.

Cam

It is a very nice phone, I was considering this one for a long time when it was announced. But... I bought a Nexus 5. One of the best choices I have made. Won't plan on upgrading until the note 5 or something comes out.

Package

I'm using it right now, I prefer it to my iPhone lol.

Package

Cam said:
How did one actually go about getting a invite? I know people used to sell invites for like $20 or so. 
I paid $15 for a invite awhile ago.

Hurt

Package said:
I'm using it right now, I prefer it to my iPhone lol.

I was considering upgrading to it, because right now I'm on the iPhone 4 and it has just gotten to be such a pain.
I'd like to have the OnePlus One but I'd prefer to have an iPhone or iPod Touch as well so that when I get a new Mac I can use all of the convenience features, and I just prefer iOS to any form of Android OS.

Package

Yosemite said:
I was considering upgrading to it, because right now I'm on the iPhone 4 and it has just gotten to be such a pain.
I'd like to have the OnePlus One but I'd prefer to have an iPhone or iPod Touch as well so that when I get a new Mac I can use all of the convenience features, and I just prefer iOS to any form of Android OS.
For me it was a big change because I never used android before, but its worth the pricetag and I am very happy with my purchase.

Jupi

rebel
I was deciding between this phone and the Galaxy S5 back 2 months ago, unfortunately my mom disliked the OnePlus One because she never heard of the company before. Thus I upgraded from the galaxy S3 to the S5, although I am extremely happy with my phone, I am curious on the One.

Oddly enough I think I would have disliked it as external sd cards werent permitted, my S5 has 16 GB internal memory and a 32 GB SD Card.

I like my space

Color

This is what I've been using for the last few months. I personally love it. As for your (semi) question, no it doesn't come with OxygenOS installed, it comes on CM 11s - (KitKat). You'll have to install it on your own, although supposedly an over air update is in the works.

Vantage

I actually bought one like 6months ago as Package told me his was amazing and i needed an upgrade. Tbh i am glad i bought it! Had no problems and with the latest update (Oxygen or CM12s) it runs even smoother!
I love the phone and with my big hands its an advantage with the big screen. My friends are always like it's way to big but for me its a perfect size.

Hurt

Space said:
I was deciding between this phone and the Galaxy S5 back 2 months ago, unfortunately my mom disliked the OnePlus One because she never heard of the company before. Thus I upgraded from the galaxy S3 to the S5, although I am extremely happy with my phone, I am curious on the One.

Oddly enough I think I would have disliked it as external sd cards werent permitted, my S5 has 16 GB internal memory and a 32 GB SD Card.

I like my space

It's just $50 to upgrade to the 64GB model, so I don't think space would be much of an issue. My dad and my stepfather both own the S5 and I've heard a lot of good things from them about it.

Color said:
This is what I've been using for the last few months.  I personally love it.  As for your (semi) question, no it doesn't come with OxygenOS installed, it comes on CM 11s - (KitKat).  You'll have to install it on your own, although supposedly an over air update is in the works.

Cool! I watched a couple of videos by MKBHD on it yesterday and I checked out their site. The phone looks amazing and I love the price tag.

Space Time

User is banned.
I'd rather have HTC one m8/9
I have the M8 right now in a contract.
Its a beauty and is an enginerical masterpiece

Jupi

rebel
wize said:
I'd rather have HTC one m8/9
I have the M8 right now in a contract.
Its a beauty and is an enginerical masterpiece

Heard good things about that phone, unfortunately I had a rough time when I owned HTC twice, perhaps 3 times the charm

Worry

I seriously need to get a new phone. Galaxy S4s have a common problem where the SIM Card cannot be read even when it is in. It's bad. 3rd S4 in a month.

Space Time

User is banned.
Space said:
Heard good things about that phone, unfortunately I had a rough time when I owned HTC twice, perhaps 3 times the charm
Did you get the flagship phones such as m8/m7/m9s or the crappy desires lmfao.

Jupi

rebel
Yosemite said:
It isn't made by HTC, as far as I know.

Well its called the HTC One m9, so imagine.

@Wize it was a long tim ago, all i remember that it was red xD and big