• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Oil Spill

Veteis

Was this preventable? What are your thoughts on how to fix it. Do you think we are doing our best so far or could we do better?

Danger Close

Onyx user!
I volunteered to clean up some days.

It was preventable. BP were informed many times about the situation.

DotDot

BP is definetly at fault. But I believe that even if they tried to prevent it it would have happened anyway

Jorim™

Onyx user!
Of course it's there fault, and no if they would have wanted to they could have prevented it. All they care about is money, cause people are greedy. That's how it has always been, and probably how it always will be. Even now they were still "Siphoning" off oil to the ship above. For what? Money, They may have lost a few billion, but that's nothing to what they are continuing to make.

Elzar

It was all there fault for the oil spill. The part that made it worst was that they new it going to happen and didn't do anything big to fix it. I also heard on the news that when they put pictures up they edited them to look like less oil was coming out then what was actually happening.

Jorim™

Onyx user!
Elzar said:
It was all there fault for the oil spill. The part that made it worst was that they new it going to happen and didn't do anything big to fix it. I also heard on the news that when they put pictures up they edited them to look like less oil was coming out then what was actually happening.

That's the same thing that happened with the video footage, it was more oil flowing then what they showed, that's why it went to from like five-hundred thousand gallons a day to Millions.

Jorim™

Onyx user!
Annoymous said:
Well, they can fix the oil tower (whatever it call). But they have to clean the ocean, which can take months.

They shut down the well, closed it. They are almost done with it.
"Accordingly" they have gotten most of the oil, but that has nothing to compare to the damage they have caused to the cost line and how badly they have hurt the economy down here in Louisiana.