• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[Official ForumKorner News] Edition #1

Matigo

just a guy
dIMoatj.png
Welcome to the first edition of the revamped ForumKorner News.
I have fully decided to bring it back, as this was always a good way to interact with others, and update users on what has been happening around the forum.
I hope you guys enjoy the first edition and I hope to bring many more.

Editors
@Matigo [TOTW, Latest Headlines, Latest Milestones, Latest Bans] [Thread editor]
@Rare [Global News, Latest Milestones]

X2T8W9f.png

IkskchV.png
Posted by @Agony
"I logged on and saw I was demoted. I accept this fully as I've simply been too busy with the Navy and other real life things. I plan to hopefully get married next week, if plans go well. But anyway though, the forums, ForumKorner specifically has been a blast these past few years. Despite the ups and downs, this site has always pulled through. It doesn't make me cringe like LF, and I don't feel overly sketched out by everyone like HF. FK has been a home for me and I'm glad I was able to serve as a moderator for when I did."
- @Agony

X2T8W9f.png

vwvNiRd.png
Posted by @Philly
"For the entire time the site has been down I have been working my ass off attempting to get the site back up and running how it should. At this time it seems I keep running into error after error. While I am still trying to work on fixing everything, it seems the more I am needing to do. During the downtime I have been also going through alot in my personal life. While I have never really asked for a hand out at any point I believe at this time I am going to consider running a gofundme campaign since I have not been receiving the support needed to keep the forum efficient enough and the fact that we have been getting attacked. I feel that our only option at this time is to go ahead and try another server as this one although the best statistically wise that FK has ever had, simply is not performing at the level I would like."
- @Philly

Posted by @Cam
"The staff team and myself have been getting loads of requests for vacation bans and now it's here!"
- @Cam

Posted by @Color
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Haven't really been active, nor cared to be for some time.  Just not too interested in how things have gone lately.[/font]​
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Nearly two years on the team, not a bad run.  Good luck to the rest of you.  I really would like to see things return to what they once were/better, although that seems to be a stretch.[/font]​
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]- @Color[/font]​
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Read more here.[/font]​

X2T8W9f.png
pV75Lz3.png
Posted by @Rare
"So I just hit 1,000 rep and thought I should make a thread for all my FK milestones."
- @Rare

Copped my new group.
Posted by @Metacrisis
"I now own Armageddon and will be changing it within the next week hopefully."
- @Metacrisis

Posted by @blast
"Just remembered, the 4th of June marked my second year on the site. I know it's not much but it's felt like so long lol. Glad I could be a part of the site and make many of the friends I have."
- @blast

Posted by @Deme
"Yeah so finally managed to reach 400 posts which has only took me 4 years."
- @Deme

Posted by @ambien
"I just got out of DwC, i'm leaving my group to be in charged by @Slacker, shoutout to @Cam for helping me out. No more getting warnings from FeaR."
- @Ambien

420 Rep & 1k Posts
Posted by @Toxic
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"Just got this today, basically I've been here on this site for about a year and a half now and I've been in the "community" since 2012. This could not be possible without [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]all my niggas you guys know who you guys are and of course the boss man @Philly[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] for creating this site."[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]- @Toxic[/font]​

X2T8W9f.png
BCCdbKY.png

@Elite Vacation ban. See you in a month! Kik: Ness If you need anything.

@Paranoid Vacation ban. See you in a month! Kik: Ness If you need anything.

@Wire You stupid scamming fucking piece of shit, I seriously hop you burn in hell for all eternity. Thanks...

@"QU33R" Scammed / You are responsible for this scam to take place. / https://www.forumkorner.com/thread-276521.html User Rock star needs to be paid back before you can even consider making a pardon.
X2T8W9f.png

fskw9Wc.png
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]A New Brunswick family was truly shaken up after their recent boat experience. On board was the York family of 4. Becky York, her husband, and their two children. Along with them was the 10 week old family dog. This was the first time the family took their [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]pontoon boat[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]out for this season. When Becky's husband started the motor she noticed flames coming from the back of the boat. So Becky's main concern was her children and their new puppy has never gone swimming yet so she left him on the boat until her neighbors came to help with their boat.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Becky's husband took the [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]fire extinguisher[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]to try to contain the fire. So once their neighbors came over Becky threw the dog into their boat. Then Becky proceeded to swim with her children and husband over to the neighbor's boat. After about 25 minutes there was almost nothing left of the boat. Becky is very happy her children had life vests which she says are, "Like seatbelts in a car." She also stated, "That day could have been a totally different story without them."[/font]​
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]- @Rare[/font]​

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]A sad day for Orlando. A man named Omar Mateen shot up a gay bar located in Orlando, Florida. Omar's father wanted to speak upon the actions of his son. Seddique Mateen, Omar's father, said that his son is not a terrorist and said what he did was an act of terror. Omar pledged allegiance to the Islamic State in a 911 call before he begun the attack. U.S. officials have not found and evidence that he was with the terror group.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Al Jazeera said that Omar Mateen showed support for the bombers behind the Boston bombing. He also showed support for a suicide bomber associated with al Qaeda. Omar Mateen ended up causing 49 deaths and even more injuries. This is being called the worst attack on American soil since the 9/11 attack.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]- @Rare[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Read more here.[/font]

Anton Yelchin, an actor primarily known for playing the Chekov in the new "Star Trek" films was killed. He sadly passed away at the young age of 27. Anton was pressed up against a wall by his own car. Officer Jenny Hosier said that he got out of his car for a breif moment but they did not state why he was behind his vehicle. Anton was going to meet with some friends for a rehearsal. When he didn't show up his friends came to his home and found him dead.

At such a young age he had a solid future ahead of him which was ended early. Anton Yelchin began acting as a kid, he took small parts in films and television shows as well. Later on he switched into teen roles in films, a few examples are "Alpha Dog" and a comedy "Charlie Bartlett." He was a Russian boy with parents that were professional figure skaters. He tried following in his parents foot steps but realized he wasn't the best on the ice. This led him to acting class.
- @Rare

These articles have been fully read and redone at the discretion of @Rare, so no legal problems arise.
If you find a problem, please contact @Matigo as soon as possible.

X2T8W9f.png

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this edition of ForumKorner news. There will be more coming and I hope I have support on this. If this is unwanted I will gladly stop publishing and move on, but I feel like this is a great idea!
Special shout out to @Rare helping me with Global News and Latest Milestones!

Official Editing Team
@Matigo [Main editor]
@Rare [Global News, Latest Milestones]

Looking for one more editor, private message me if you are interested!

RSXY0Wk.png

Rare

Glad I could be a part of this to help, let us know what you guys think, thanks.

Cred

Well this is super neat. Hope to make it on the news someday. How often you guys plan on doing this?

Matigo

just a guy
Cred said:
Well this is super neat. Hope to make it on the news someday. How often you guys plan on doing this?

I am just going to surprise everyone as I am not going to give a ETA on every news thread.
I do not want to be the guy that says it will be published every week and miss one.
The next news thread will be up whenever!

Blue

Wow holy shit @matigo this is one of the dopest threads i have ever seen keep ip the work with this high quality post!!!!

Ambien

This looks great, the shit you left for the scammers made me giggle

Chthonic

Onyx user!
Hey @Matigo,

Rather than use @Painkiller 's thread designs I would be happy to make some fresh thread dividers.

This is a really well done news service and I hope you continue this in the future.

Thanks for this!

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Interesting start. Be sure to customize the font and add more spacing from the next time.

JWS

Onyx user!
Super sick idea, Looking forward to seeing more of these!!

Therapy

Peace and Serenity.
I remember a while back someone made this and it came out like twice or something and then stopped, not sure if that is accurate but I do remember it so that counts ;). Anyway, I love reading this, it gives me something to do when no one is making funny or cool threads. Thanks, I would love to see it last for a long time!

Jaii

very nice, I'd suggest getting new graphics for this however.

Jaii

Matigo said:
@Jaii well if someone wants to make us some new graphics, they always can!

@Cred you down for this?

or @Tempts