• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

OBAMA ANNOUNCES NSA PROGRAMS OVERHAUL

Zeller

Onyx user!
President Barack Obama announced as expected on Friday a major overhaul to some of the National Security Agencys most disputed surveillance operations seven months after they was first exposed, reining in the metadata collection program among others.

I believe we need a new approach, Mr. Obama said. I am therefore ordering a transition that will end the Section 215 bulk metadata collection program as it currently exists, and establishes a mechanism that preserves the capabilities we need without the government holding this bulk metadata.

The US government will continue to gather information about the intentions of foreign governments, the president said. On the contrary, though, he also promised the NSA will not monitor the communications of heads of state atop the ranks of allied partners unless there are compelling national security purposes at stake. Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) will be subjected to new reform as well, he said, allowing the government to intercept the communications of overseas targets with important information without putting as many Americans and foreign persons incidentally targeted under the looking glass.

Link: http://rt.com/usa/obama-announces-nsa-overhaul-781/

Even though I do not like Obama at all please read the full article before making an ignorant statement.