• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Nintendo 3DS

Silver

Wikipedia Article

What are your opinions on the new, innovative handheld made by Ninrendo? I think it is rather creative. I get it for release, because my mom works at Nintendo. :)

Minus-Zero

I don't understand how is it going to produce the 3d effect? Does it mean like a hologram lol?

Silver

Minus-Zero said:
I don't understand how is it going to produce the 3d effect? Does it mean like a hologram lol?

I am curious about that too. Looks like we'll have to wait until more details are released! There are a few videos uploaded on Youtube, with some "gameplay" if you're interested about it.

Minus-Zero

Oh I see what they did... It's not hologram, they just added a real life rotation. This would be extremely easy but would take awhile to create. Basically you make a 3D model for example say you made a 3D mario similar to this one.

mario-64-ds.jpg

Then you give the user the ability to rotate 360 degrees every direction. Then it would seem 3D, then you add the effect that things are closer and farther away. You take an image make it bigger and when you rotate around the X axis (Horizontal) it will show the current character. In this case it it mario to the side of the closer object.

Least thats what I assume... Took me some time to right this =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnyBxVhK_c

That video has hot blondes at beginning... I like!

Silver

Minus-Zero said:
Oh I see what they did... It's not hologram, they just added a real life rotation. This would be extremely easy but would take awhile to create. Basically you make a 3D model for example say you made a 3D mario similar to this one.

mario-64-ds.jpg

Then you give the user the ability to rotate 360 degrees every direction. Then it would seem 3D, then you add the effect that things are closer and farther away. You take an image make it bigger and when you rotate around the X axis (Horizontal) it will show the current character. In this case it it mario to the side of the closer object.

Least thats what I assume... Took me some time to right this =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnyBxVhK_c

That video has hot blondes at beginning... I like!

I saw that video when I was making this thread. I never posted it though, because I don't know how to embed on here. It's really cool how they're doing what they are with the systems. Nintendo is going to end up being the video game company sometime in the future. Because they have all these family type games, fitness games, etc.

Minus-Zero

Xbox and the PS3 are trying to get a piece of the whole exercise kick. Which is why Xbox has come out with Kinect and whatever PlayStation came up with.

They saw the Wii was on to something!

Also what they are doing with this console isn't extremely hard if I am correct. Making games for it although will be much more difficult.

Silver

Minus-Zero said:
Xbox and the PS3 are trying to get a piece of the whole exercise kick. Which is why Xbox has come out with Kinect and whatever PlayStation came up with.

They saw the Wii was on to something!

Also what they are doing with this console isn't extremely hard if I am correct. Making games for it although will be much more difficult.

Microsoft/Xbox has the new, 'Kinect', Wii has the sensor bar, along with Nintendo/Wii Fit, Wii Sports, etc. I think Sony/PS3 is coming out with something similar to the 'Kinect.' My sister wanted a PS3 because she could play games with the new thing Sony has/is [going to] release.

The games I suppose would be harder to make. Still amazes me what technology can do now.

Minus-Zero

Technology can do a lot more advanced stuff. The military has some amazing things going on!

Silver

Minus-Zero said:
Technology can do a lot more advanced stuff. The military has some amazing things going on!

I cannot wait for the next generation of consoles to come out. Everything is going to be so hi-tech!

Nicco

Onyx user!
My opinion: Just like my new opinion on the new iPhone. Nothing that special. Personally I think you'll look stupid if you're playing a game on a bus, and you have a little hologram spinning above your hand held system.
Just my 2 cents.
-Nick.