• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Nike cuts ties with Manny Pacquiao after derogatory comments

Mango

User is banned.

Lake

Lake

мango said:
I was in the team during December 2015
That's pretty sick dude, keep up these news threads though pretty interesting imo.

blast

I heard about the shit he said but I wasn't aware of him no longer being endoresed by Nike.

Interesting thread!

Samus

Power member.
damn this is shocking, what a idiot he should of kept his mouth shut ha but anyways he fell off in boxing so who cares he still rich off the mayweather fight regardless

Upperrush

I really think he didn't deserve that. Everyone has a right to their opinion and ending contract is not just.

Battle Field

I agree that everyone is entitled to thier own opinion too @upperrush . He could have just told friends instead of putting it all over the media. He should have known that would cause problems.

The main problem was that the company nike promotes equality which means they accept everyone no matter what color, race, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability they are. For him to go up and say what he did, nike disapproved. That's why they cut ties with him. If he had went up and said badly about a race , religion or a disabled people, he would have still lost the contract. It wasn't just about homosexuality.

@samus he is well off but that issue will affect future employment as it will come up whenever he goes for interviews ect, same as when we go for them and if we were terrible at our last job, our previous manager can give us a bad review. Nike prob gave him one. . If he ever needed a new job ha ha :D . He be screwed.

Hay

User is banned.
I personally don't think the contract should of ended. Reason being because everyone should be able to have their own opinion on things.

oVapoR

I don't think he deserved it... i mean yes he could've kept it to himself but he decided to share that with the world.