• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

My Computer Is Fucked?

Throwback

User is banned.
Idk about all this shit, but I know my thing is Windows 7.

It's a desktop computer.

So, everytime I turn on my computer, it goes straight to an all black screen. The whole screen is black, with one line blinking on and off, at the top left corner.

Imagine: A "_" at the top left corner of my screen, just blinkinh, non-stop.

No matter what I do, how long I keep my computer on/off, yell at it, nothing works. When I type, my computer just beeps. Any cool nerd shit I can do without paying $200+ for this shit to get fixed?

Akatsuki

User is banned.
well this has happen to me before and I got mad af. Just take it to "Fix-My-PC" if you have that where you live.

Throwback

User is banned.
I'll ask my parents. I'm only 14. @furious, & did it cost? How much?

Explode

This may be a harddrive failure, and it isn't always easy to repair, you could always take it to a local repair shop (local, smaller business ones are typically cheaper).

Akatsuki

User is banned.
Throwback said:
I'll ask my parents. I'm only 14. @furious, & did it cost? How much?

Of course it costs and it's matters on the restoration problem. It might be from $30-$50 if it's small and $100 if it's a big problem. It might just be your monitor.

Throwback

User is banned.
How can I test if it's just my monitor? Can't I hook it up to my plasma?

@furious

Akatsuki

User is banned.
Throwback said:
How can I test if it's just my monitor? Can't I hook it up to my plasma?

@furious

Yea if it's plasma compatible. This should determine if it's just the ink inside if the monitor or not. Usually if it's the ink then the screen will look internally cracked.

Absolute

Power member.
just use duct tape. duct tape fixes everyting

Chthonic

Onyx user!
Furious said:
Of course it costs and it's matters on the restoration problem. It might be from $30-$50 if it's small and $100 if it's a big problem. It might just be your monitor.
It wouldn't have to do with the monitor. I occasionally have the same problem when trying to boot into my other laptop, and I can assure you that it's definitely not the monitor, the problem would have to do with the hardware. Maybe your hard drive failed.

Fuck

User is banned.
My laptop had a "hard drive failure," so I got the hard drive replaced a good amount of times. My laptop never worked again. Don't let them damn techies take your money.

Cooper

User is banned.
Connect it to an external monitor to check to see if anything appears on the external monitor.

If it works on the external monitor, then your current monitor has gone bad.

If it doesn't, then it's your desktop.

Blastoise

This means that your windows partition is Unbootable, and also The recovery part of the partition! meaning the only way to fix is to Re-install windows completely losing all of your files if not backed up.
If you need further help with this let me know.

1. Its pretty simple though, Insert your windows 7 disk.

2. restart computer

3. as soon as it starts the "F" key it says for boot options.

4. Boot from CD/DVD

follow windwos on screen instructions :)

Blastoise

Throwback said:
What if I don't have that disk? @blastoise

If i had to be completely honest, at this point my choice of action would be to burn Ubuntu onto a disk or USB as its free and amazing!!! lol
http://www.ubuntu.com/download
There is tons of easy to follow directions here as well

Linux is about 100% better in my opinion haha

I cant really Help with your windows if i cant really see whats truly going on, so If you would like some help feel free to PM me your skype or something :)

@"Throwback"

Bump Bot

If it's a desktop take it apart and unplug the cmos battery for 3 mins and then plug it back in forces the computer to update with a full restart.