• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Musik's Guide to 99 Strength

FAGeX

Onyx user!
:Dance: Musik's Guide to 99 Strength for F2P! :Dance:​

:superman:Before we get started!:superman:​

All of the food you purchase, you should purchase at low to medium price. If you purchase the food at high you will lose to much money. Try to use one-handed weapons while training, they hit faster and not much less than 2H weapons. Pures and mains should both wear the best armor and weapons they can, at all times.

This is for pures and mains, so if your a main just get attack and defense at these places as well.

For anything Related to the stronghold of security, you can just fish at barbarian village for food if you have the required levels for it.

Information from Unbreakable

1-10 Strength-Chickens-Pure and Main

Chickens are just North East of Lumbridge. You shouldn’t need food as they hardly hit anything, but, bring food if you feel that you should. Pick up all feathers that the chickens drop and sell on Grand Exchange to make back a bit of profit.

10-20 Strength-Cows-Pure and Main

Cows, just across the road from chickens, are the best monsters to kill at this level. If you want to make money while you train, pick up the cow’s cowhides and bank them at Lumbridge or Al Kharid bank. They sell for 232 gp each. 10-20 Strength shouldn’t take too long. If your just looking to level then obviously don't bother picking the cow hides up, if your searching for cash as well, then pick up the beef as well. Its selling for 158 gp each.

20-50 Strength-Flesh Crawlers-Mains

This is the best place to train from 20-40 Strength and 20-40 Defence and Attack. I suggest the any of the Flesh Crawlers in the Stronghold of Security Level 1. I believe now you may need to bring food, so you can last longer at the location, and so you don’t die. Use tuna or Lobsters as food. This shouldn't take to long at all.

20-30 Strength-Monks-Pures

Monks are at the Monastery just North West of Edgeville. While your here, get 30 Attack too. They are level 5 combat, but they have 15 hitpoints. They have level one in all combat stats so they are easy peasy lemon squizy to kill. This is the best option to get 30 Strength and Attack as a Pure. This should only take about an hour to get to 30.

30-40 Strength-Level 12 Minotaurs-Pures

These minotaurs are located on level 1 in the Security of Stronghold, and they are the best monsters to train on at the moment. I would bring food, and pick up all worthy loots. Pick up all arrows they drop, because they will come in hand later, whether it be to sell them or train with them. Wear Full Iron again and wield the best weapon you can. It really shouldn’t take long to get 40 Strength. Don’t forget to get 40 Attack as well!

50-55 Strength-Hill Giants-Mains

These Giants are located in Edgeville Dungeon, which can be accessed just south-west of of Cook’s Guild in the little shack. You need a brass key to enter. I recommend bringing food, and burying the big bones the Giants drop. You could always bank the bones and sell them if you like. Here you should get 50 Defence and Attack. I do suggest bringing food just in case.

55-65 Strength-Zombies/Rats-Mains

These guys are in Level 2 Stronghold of Security. They have a low defense, low attack, but they have a high Hit points level. The problem is that the place is usually crowded, which means you have to go on a low world, which means slow re-spawns. I suggest bring food, and the best armor and weapon you can wield. While your here, get 65 Attack and Defense too, but that is if you want it. Pick up their loot of steel arrows, which can be sold on the Grand Exchange for a little bit of profit.

40-99 Strength-Flesh Crawlers/Level 27 Minotaurs-Pures

These are your best bet to get 99 Strength with only 1 Defense and 40 Attack. Wield Full Iron armor with a Rune Scimitar, in my book is a must. 40-99 Strength is a long, hard and very annoying journey. With the Minotaurs and Flesh Crawlers, bring food. Its a must! Only pick up the Arrows and the Food that the Minotaurs drop, and whatever you think will pick up a good price on the Grand Exchange with the Flesh Crawlers. This will probably cost you more on the food than you get back from the drops. The Minotaurs are in level 1 Stronghold of Security and the Flesh Crawlers are on level 2 Stronghold of Security.

65-99 Strength Method 1-Giant Spiders-Mains

The best method to get 99 Strength as a Free-to-Play by far. You average about 40K experience in an hour which is the best you can get as a Free-to-Play player. Equip Full Rune with a Rune Scimitar and a Power Amulet for maximum preformance. Bring a full Inventory of Lobsters or Swordfish as the spiders don’t drop any loot at all. You may lose up to 4M in cash using this method because of food. It is a long method, but definitely the fastest. These are found in Stronghold of Security level 3.

65-99 Strength Method 2-Lesser Demons-Mains

These guys give poor experience, but have a very low defense level and up to a Rune Medium-Helmet Drop. Even though its only worth 11K, its better money than nothing (spiders). The Lesser demons also drop other good drops which can fetch up to 5K. So at least you get back some money, but you pay for it in the huge amount of loss in experience compared to the Giant Spiders. The best place to fight Lesser Demons is under the Karamja Volcano and the nearest bank is in Draynor Bank. If your fishing level is high enough, bring a lobster pot and just fish your own food and the dock. I find that to be the best thing to do when training on lessers.

:pirate:Conclusion!:pirate:​
Getting a 99 is extremely hard, and its a long journey. I say its hard because its difficult to stay focused on one thing for endless hours, day in and day out. When its all said and done, the effort will all be worth it!

Saged

Onyx user!
Great job, (again!) :tongue:

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Ha, thanks. I can always count on Saged to have my back. :)

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Good idea, I didn't think about that when i was making the guide. :)

FAGeX

Onyx user!
I put it in the guide, and gave credit where credit was due. ;)

Pink Floyd

Dude yes. I've been waiting for a guide for f2p like this for a while. Although I search, this is pretty straight forward.

Nice guide! :)

...Or... with pures you can bot at chickens from 1-40 at least with the profit of feathers.. Takes no time as I did it :)

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Yea you could, but the guides are for legit players mostly. Legit players wouldn't sit at chickens till 40, it would drive you up the wall. :)

This is a good guide, although I would suggest you add some pictures which will make it more interesting and effective.

I love this guide, I making a pure as soon as I can and I will do the F2P monsters first and I will get the 7 day trial for the members monters towards the end.

Pink Floyd

I dunno actually. I kind of like it without pics. Musik, if you add pictures, please do so in spoilers so it still looks purdy.

Pink Floyd said:
I dunno actually. I kind of like it without pics. Musik, if you add pictures, please do so in spoilers so it still looks purdy.

I hate is when there are pictures all around the place but I want him to add pictures so I would know what the places look like and as I believe I have a feeling that it will be more effective. Although. as Pink said I think pictures should be in spoilers so it does not get fuzzy.

FAGeX

Onyx user!
This was a pretty basic guide, It doesn't really need picture. :(
After a day or two of runescaping you should be able to navigate around runescape with ease.

Amped-

Good guide bro! I might actually turn my 93 woodcutter, once he gets 99 woodcutting into a f2p pure xD Since he is 1 att, 63 str, 61 range.

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Sounds like a great idea, I just learned a new money making method for P2P players. Its up to 1m/ph. :D

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Nice guide, all though I ussally do slayer, but slayer gets fustrating without lunars...

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Yeah, lmao. I know what you mean.