• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Minecraft Going Mobile

Wreck

Mojang has recently announced that there will be a mobile version of Minecraft, which will be exclusive to the Xperia Play for a short while. They will have to re-design the game to fit a mobile platform, which will require using less RAM and CPU as Android devices are, obviously, much less powerful than computers. This will be a challenging task in my opinion because Minecraft is a very CPU-heavy game.
Minecraft developer Mojang has confirmed to Gamasutra that the previously revealed Android version of its PC indie hit will be arriving on Sony Ericsson's PlayStation-certified Xperia Play before other phones.

The Xperia Play version of Minecraft will feature customized controls for the system's PlayStation-styled slide-out buttons, the company said.

Mojang is also developing versions of the title for iOS and other Android phones, and said the smartphone versions of the game will be tweaked slightly to deal with the vagaries of the new platform.

"When playing on smartphones you will have a different screen size compared to PC, different hardware, different attention spans and thus the game needs to be customized to fit the mobile specifications," the company said.

Mojang has yet to announce a price, release date or specific exclusivity period for the Xperia Play version of Minecraft, but did say the title will follow the PC model of "release early and update frequently."

More information about new versions is expected at E3, where a Minecraft-themed media event invite for the evening of June 7 invites attendees to "stay in the light and take refuge with Sony Ericsson to keep the creepers at bay."

Bree

Minecraft will rape most phones. Will be interesting to see what they do though.

Wreck

Justicar said:
Minecraft will rape most phones. Will be interesting to see what they do though.

Wouldn't be an exact duplicate.
I mean, they did put a really amazing version of CoD: Zombies on the iPhone so I'd imagine they can add a really good version of minecraft for most smartphones without having a problem.

With the addition of Kal-el (quad core mobile CPU) I see no reason as to why Minecraft can't succeed on mobile. Just have to wait and see how they execute the playability.

Bree

I'd check it out, just to see what its like, but I couldn't imagine it being very fun on a phone lol.

Wreck

C4Vendetta said:
I'd get a Nexus just to play that game on-the-go.

Sometimes I'm glad I have an iPhone just for certain things like this :D

Frenzied

Bored out of my skulll. I think I'll play minecraft......wait.....I'm outside.

"MINECRAFT GOES MOBILE"

YAY now I can have no life ERRRverywhere!

Phreak

User is banned.
I would never play it on the go, to be honest.
Mostly, when I'm out and about, I don't have time to play a game on my phone.

Wreck

๖ۣۜPђreคK said:
I would never play it on the go, to be honest.
Mostly, when I'm out and about, I don't have time to play a game on my phone.

Same. Most of the time I spend my time Zooting & Scooting or just out at the skate park or something.

leungj

i think it going mobile woud be stupid. too small of a screen. ipad though>? i see potential

Wreck

That video looks smooth as shit. Bravo to the devs.