• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Losing Weight

Jack Goff

Onyx user!
Losing weight seems to be the most common desire here. This is my first time venturing into this section of ForumKorner as I don't frequent this site. I haven't had such a good laugh all week.

According to several users if you simply stop eating/drinking X or Y then you will magically shed all that excess weight.

Not once has someone advised them to simply exercise and run a caloric deficit - why is this?

Rambo

User is banned.
Jack Goff said:
Losing weight seems to be the most common desire here. This is my first time venturing into this section of ForumKorner as I don't frequent this site. I haven't had such a good laugh all week.

According to several users if you simply stop eating/drinking X or Y then you will magically shed all that excess weight.

Not once has someone advised them to simply exercise and run a caloric deficit - why is this?
Losing weight is 90% diet, 10% workout.

Loyal

Onyx user!
so your making fun of people that is saying the truth? i had to enter some contest and needed to lose some weight,i lost around 5kg+ by not eating chips,fast food, and and by not drinking soda, that is a legit proof my freind, eating healthy in general works in losing weight.

Greed

Power member.
Well I agree with you sort of @"Jack Goff'. Some people can lose weight by stop drinking soda, eating fast food, etc. but it's not a guarantee and doesn't work for everyone. Caloric deficit is a guarantee because of the science behind it and because it is physically impossible to gain or remain the same weight if you are burning more calories through exercise than you are consuming on a daily basis.

Loyal

Onyx user!
GrƷƷd said:
Well I agree with you sort of @"Jack Goff'. Some people can lose weight by stop drinking soda, eating fast food, etc. but it's not a guarantee and doesn't work for everyone. Caloric deficit is a guarantee because of the science behind it and because it is physically impossible to gain or remain the same weight if you are burning more calories through exercise than you are consuming on a daily basis.

it does work for anyone, common sense, if you eat less calories than you usually do, you start losing weight, lets say you used to consume up to 2000 calories, you eat now only 1000, you will start seeing change.

Jack Goff

Onyx user!
Rambo said:
Losing weight is 90% diet, 10% workout.

Too true

Loyal said:
so your making fun of people that is saying the truth? i had to enter some contest and needed to lose some weight,i lost around 5kg+ by not eating chips,fast food, and and by not drinking soda, that is a legit proof my freind, eating healthy in general works in losing weight.

Yes kunt I am being facetious. So suddenly just because it worked for you that is scientific proof that it will work for everyone?

GrƷƷd said:

Yeah I don't doubt that, some can. Specifically advising someone to do that and guaranteeing results is folly though. Especially with rising obesity levels and general ignorance/laziness running rampant in today's society a lot of people may well stop drinking soda and having fast food but if they swap this out by stomaching 2 loaves of bread or something else like that then they aren't going to do shit. They might be eating way over maintenance anyways so they just lower their surplus by a bit. It's kinda common sense but it isn't so common these days. Also the concept of eating "clean" foods but eating an excess amount of them so you still gain weight dispels this theory. They could also be malnourished with their macros all out of whack which can halt progress, there's too many factors.

Shift said:
Just snort crystal meth, your welcome OP.

Eh I'm still on the fence about this one

Punish

Power member.
Because the forum is full of fat ass fuckers that don't move of they asses'

twink

Weight loss is about diet more than exersize. Some people don't understand that the weight loss pills and gimmicks never ever work. Ever. Never.

Invincible

Just gotta have that negative caloric deficit.

I will also say shouldn't put anyone down who is trying to better themselves

twink said:
Weight loss is about diet more than exersize. Some people don't understand that the weight loss pills and gimmicks never ever work. Ever. Never.

Exactly, gotta eat right and exercise

meme

User is banned.
lower your carbs completely and stop drinking soda

do medium weight high reps and intermittent fasting

Revo

Power member.
Yeah its 100% diet id say, a friend lost a lot of weight just by eating close to nothing / hitting the gym for cardio was a nice addition (for faster weight loss)

Gen

User is banned.
all you need to do to lose weight is eat at a caloric deficit.

Kinda

All i can say is really just run i guess going on a diet that makes you starve yourself will make you gain more weight.