• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

i cannot sleep because im depressed ways to cope with depression and sleep tactics?

Majora

User is banned.
i know this is a gaming forum or what not but i constantly have this sleep deficiency where i cant fall asleep or stay asleep and i feel like the problem is depression or anxiety help?

Sanctuary

User is banned.
A major thing that has helped me fall asleep quicker is by closing my mind and staying still.
If you don't move for 15 minutes, you will fall asleep. Just close your eyes, clear your mind, and focus on sleep.

Other than that, sleeping pills are an option if you don't mind them. Or just simply distract yourself from whatever is keeping you depressed, which I know can be hard at times but it's not impossible.

Majora

User is banned.
thanks @sanctuary definitely going to try the 15 minute method i appreciate the time you took to write this to me much thanks

Envy

Grizzled
Woah, sleeping pills are a last resort by all means. Only to be recommended by a doctor. You say you are experiencing depression and anxiety? So whatever you have going on in your life is a problem. First step you need to do is confront this anxiety, and tell yourself that you are depressed. You are depressed, and you need to find yourself a goal, or something to pursue.

If you accomplish this first step, the sleep will follow. But until then, I strongly recommend exercise. Some type of method to completely exhaust you. Not only will this make you tired enough to sleep, but it will take your mind off of anxiety, and depression. You will feel happier with exercise, believe me. Quit sitting at home being depressed, and go for a run.

Okay. I'm going to guess you lie in your bed a lot because you tell me you have difficulties falling asleep. That's because your brain no longer associates your bed with sleep. It's vital that you refrain from lying in your bed unless you are going to sleep. This is key. Listen to that. Also, refrain from using much brain function before you go to bed. This includes electronics because of the light that shines into your eyes. Also, music at a low volume helps your mind reach serenity.

I know at times I may sound harsh, but everything I say is sincere. Feel free to talk to me further.

Random

When I'm feeling Insomniatic, I go on FK. It's calming.

Hope you get this resolved

Seven

User is banned.
Never focus on sleeping. At least for me it doesn't work. It keeps your mind awake. Focus on nothing. DO NOT FOCUS. Just lay there mindlessly, not moving, get comfy.

One

Since the other people don't know what they're talking about, let me help. What you need to do is control you're breathing. Breathe in for 3 seconds and then out slowly and only concentrate on that. This will slow you're heart rate and relax your mind. And if you do it right you'll be asleep in no time.

Color

I have the solution; go see a doctor.

Random

Just Masturbate, that's calming. It might help ease the Anxiety

Envy

Grizzled
Internet said:
Since the other people don't know what they're talking about, let me help. What you need to do is control you're breathing. Breathe in for 3 seconds and then out slowly and only concentrate on that. This will slow you're heart rate and relax your mind. And if you do it right you'll be asleep in no time.

I don't know what i'm talking about? Nobody else knows what they're talking about? Congratulations, you mentioned one little tip that we haven't mentioned. Congrats, you're a fucking genious. Kudos to you... Honestly though, shut the fuck up. @Internet

One

Valiant said:
I don't know what i'm talking about? Nobody else know whats they're talking about? Congratulations, you mentioned one little tip that we haven't mentioned. Congrats, you're a fucking genious. Kudos to you... Honestly though, shut the fuck up. @Internet

Don't take it personally. It's just that what you said won't give him immediate relief. He's not going to go outside and play a sport at 12 in the morning. He's trying to get some rest.

Envy

Grizzled
Internet said:
Don't take it personally. It's just that what you said won't give him immediate relief. He's not going to go outside and play a sport at 12 in the morning. He's trying to get some rest.

Oh my god. You a bit arrogant aren't you. You said we "don't know what we're talking about." What are we talking about? Insomnia and depression.
He asked " know this is a gaming forum or what not but i constantly have this sleep deficiency where i cant fall asleep or stay asleep and i feel like the problem is depression or anxiety help?"
Did he say, I need help right now because this is a one time thing? No he said it's a constant problem he is experiencing. I've taken psychology in college. Breathing in and out for intervals of three seconds doesn't always work with depression and anxiety. Actually, rarely does it work. I gave him advice that will help him long term AND immediately. Did I say go out and play a fucking sport? No, I did not. I said go for a run. He can run at pretty much any time at night. Don't say something that bashes everybody unless you know what you're talking about. Get out of here @internet I'm done talking to you.

Majora

User is banned.
sorry things got out of hand @valiant what you said i will definitely try. i was reading online its pretty much exactly what you have been saying keep my mind busy and it shall all come together thanks everyone for the support definitely going to buy premium as i can truly be with the community and help others out as all of you have done for me much thanks everyone.

One

Valiant said:
Oh my god. You a bit arrogant aren't you. You said we "don't know what we're talking about." What are we talking about? Insomnia and depression.
He asked " know this is a gaming forum or what not but i constantly have this sleep deficiency where i cant fall asleep or stay asleep and i feel like the problem is depression or anxiety help?"
Did he say, I need help right now because this is a one time thing? No he said it's a constant problem he is experiencing. I've taken psychology in college. Breathing in and out for intervals of three seconds doesn't always work with depression and anxiety. Actually, rarely does it work. I gave him advice that will help him long term AND immediately. Did I say go out and play a fucking sport? No, I did not. I said go for a run. He can run at pretty much any time at night. Don't say something that bashes everybody unless you know what you're talking about. Get out of here @internet I'm done talking to you.

For a psychology major I would have thought you've evolved past the stage of pretty insults and childish bickering. Thanks for ruining his thread with your shit insults.

Jake

The harder you try to sleep wont help you. If you cant fall asleep, get up and do something until you're tired. Simply watch netflix in bed for hours and hours until your body naturally falls asleep, OR you can take melatonin, which is a natural chemical/pill to make you sleep very good.