• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How tricky is this?

Yui

So I was thinking of doing a cool little bit of design work. The idea I have planned is to do some random sketch of something abnormal and then photograph the drawing. With that photograph I'll then put it into Photoshop and turn the drawn lines into digital ink so it looks clean when filled in with the paint bucket tool. Can anybody with experience in this please tell me how difficult this will be? I don't want to go far into this to then come to a standstill.

To break it down I'm wanting to turn a drawn image into digital ink and then fill it with the paint bucket tool.

tattoo

User is banned.
I wouldn't recommend the paint bucket tool, but I've done this before by scanning the image.

Pen tool works better.

Yui

Tattoo said:
I wouldn't recommend the paint bucket tool, but I've done this before by scanning the image.

Pen tool works better.
Hm okay, I was wanting to use the paint bucket tool to fill in the background of the image and such. Will this pen tool have the same effect? I'll be doing this via Laptop if that has any impact.

yeah that could work i guess; i'd suggest a drawing tablet or a two in one laptop with a pen, though or else it will be very difficult to get the clean lines you want. Transferring from irl stationary to a digital pen is very different though, but i assume you don't have a pen anyway. Another good thing about tablets and pens is that it captures the pressure; whereas a mouse won't be able to have that ability and you need to adjust the opacity, thickness and shape of the line manually for each time you want different kinds of strokes. It probably won't look exactly like the drawing you make on paper with that being said

Good luck : P

Edit: Also, I would scan your drawing instead of a photo

tattoo

User is banned.
Yui said:
Hm okay, I was wanting to use the paint bucket tool to fill in the background of the image and such. Will this pen tool have the same effect? I'll be doing this via Laptop if that has any impact.

For the background you could use the paint bucket, but the pen tool will help outline the drawing and will show lines better.

Yui

ဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪဪ said:
yeah that could work i guess; i'd suggest a drawing tablet or a two in one laptop with a pen, though or else it will be very difficult to get the clean lines you want. Transferring from irl stationary to a digital pen is very different though, but i assume you don't have a pen anyway. Another good thing about tablets and pens is that it captures the pressure; whereas a mouse won't be able to have that ability and you need to adjust the opacity, thickness and shape of the line manually for each time you want different kinds of strokes. It probably won't look exactly like the drawing you make on paper with that being said

Good luck : P

Edit: Also, I would scan your drawing instead of a photo
I'll give it a shot, I don't have a pen but I'll just do what you said to do on the Laptop. Thanks for the advice buddy!

Tattoo said:
For the background you could use the paint bucket, but the pen tool will help outline the drawing and will show lines better.
If I were to follow this video then fill the picture in with the paint bucket, would it still work out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HR3IgftbDw

Cred

I agree with what they said, the pen tool won't be as easy to use if you don't have experience with it. You'll have to zoom in a lot in order to get the lines straight and it is very time consuming.

Yui

Cred said:
I agree with what they said, the pen tool won't be as easy to use if you don't have experience with it. You'll have to zoom in a lot in order to get the lines straight and it is very time consuming.
In all honesty I've never really used the pen tool, if you have some time on your hands could you take a look at the tutorial I linked a few posts up?
Maybe you could make a judgement upon whether I should do it like the tutorial shows.

tattoo

User is banned.
Yui said:
I'll give it a shot, I don't have a pen but I'll just do what you said to do on the Laptop. Thanks for the advice buddy!

If I were to follow this video then fill the picture in with the paint bucket, would it still work out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HR3IgftbDw

Yea that would still work I guess.

Yui

Tattoo said:
Yea that would still work I guess.
Sorry for the late response but that's good to hear, I wasn't too sure about the whole pen tool thing as I'm inexperienced with it. I'll probably give this whole thing a shot tomorrow as it's 9:35 PM over here.