• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to Lose Weight!

HUNNID

User is banned.
So for those of you that don't know before the summer I never worked out and I was basically fat. Yes, I was a fat fuck. I am 5'9, and at the beginning of the summer I weighed 180 pounds. That is very over weight for someone that size and unhealthy. I finally decided I was going to lose weight and I now weigh in the range of 135-140. It took me about 3 months to do this, June to the end of August beginning of September ishh. If you want to lose weight like I did, which is an about 10 pounds a month here is how I did it, and what I would recommend to everyone.

**How to with Food**
So what I did was cut my food intake down a TON!!! I would really only eat two meals a day and my first meal would be a shake at around 11-1 (That is when I would wake up in the morning) then at dinner time I would have my second meal. My shake consisted of a scoop of protein powder, 1 banana, a cup of almond milk, a scoop of peanut butter, and 5-6 ice cubes. For dinner I  would eat whatever my parents made usually it was a healthy dish. You want to cut your food intake completely down because you want your body to go hungry and use the fat that you have stored up. It is hard to do this at first but after a couple times your self discipline will grow and you will see the gains you are making.

**How to do it Exercise**
So during the summer I would work out pretty much everyday. I would go to the Gym 3 days a week and do a serious 1 hour workout. With going to the gym 3 days a week, I would also go on a mile to a mile and a half run everyday. This was enough exercise to get me in shape, and with me cutting my calorie intake down completely I was able to lose a good amount of weight.

**What I do now**
So now after having lost the weight and everything I workout 5 days a week in the gym. I am on an abroad program for school so it is hard to maintain my diet and everything, but I try. The way I look at it is I am doing a hardcore workout in the gym for an hour to an hour and a half each day, and I am in shape, so I am able to eat pretty much anything I want. When I get home I am going to be going on a strict protein diet and will go back to eating healthy and working out 3-5 times a week. Since being here I have not really gained any weight, I think maybe 2-3 pounds but that is it. 

P.S. If you guys want to see before and after pictures I have them on my phone. I took pictures every week to document the change. I still am doing it every week. I would also love to hear some of your stories and everything if you guys have undergone a major weight loss or you are trying to.

Before: https://gyazo.com/4f39bde47c9d163401de339f824e082d

After: https://gyazo.com/c72584481cfe8b217fe2f207545bf6cf

cas

I tried a similar shake but would add the peanut butter at the end and I could never swallow it down so I gave up after 3 attempts. :/ Still 5'7, 203lbs.

HUNNID

User is banned.
cas said:
I tried a similar shake but would add the peanut butter at the end and I could never swallow it down so I gave up after 3 attempts. :/ Still 5'7, 203lbs.
Bro just do what I did. It literally comes down to self discipline. It was honestly the greatest thing I have ever done. My confidence boosted from this. Girls don't see me as the little chubby kid anymore it is fucking great man. Just do it, lol. Just put it all in and blend it and it will start to taste good. You have to want to do it, you can't just give up.

cas

GUCHIE said:
Bro just do what I did. It literally comes down to self discipline. It was honestly the greatest thing I have ever done. My confidence boosted from this. Girls don't see me as the little chubby kid anymore it is fucking great man. Just do it, lol. Just put it all in and blend it and it will start to taste good. You have to want to do it, you can't just give up.
I should probably blend it, instructions were never fucking clear. Gonna try this out after I get some chicken tenders. (Already paid, my bad.)

Trying to down peanut butter just like that is fucking insane. Can't believe it didn't come to mind. I'd just have some wet peanut butter on my chin and such. I'd have to chew it and it was just a complete mess.

HUNNID

User is banned.
cas said:
I should probably blend it, instructions were never fucking clear. Gonna try this out after I get some chicken tenders. (Already paid, my bad.)

Trying to down peanut butter just like that is fucking insane. Can't believe it didn't come to mind. I'd just have some wet peanut butter on my chin and such. I'd have to chew it and it was just a complete mess.

hahaha naa bro you put it in with the shake and blend it all together lol. So the banana, protein powder, scoop of peanut butter, 5 ice cubes, and glass of almond milk are all put into the blender and blended together to make a pretty good shake.

Skosh

Power member.
Your results are incredible man! Nicely done, did you go off a diet plan or just watch what you eat or proportions?

HUNNID

User is banned.
Skosh said:
Your results are incredible man! Nicely done, did you go off a diet plan or just watch what you eat or proportions?

I didn't really have a diet plan. It was really just eat that shake in the morning after my run then I would just wait till dinner. When doing this though whenever you get hungry just drink a lot of water it helps a TON. Then for dinner I would just eat the whole thing or a good sized proportion. I did this pretty much everyday, at the beginning of my diet/working out I did this for a good 3-5 weeks straight then as I noticed the results started to come I would have an off day or something like that. Now I am on an abroad program with my school so it is very hard to maintain the diet I had, but I haven't gained much weight (Like 3-5 Pounds) and am able to workout 5 days a week in the gym which helps a bunch since my diet is shit. But what sucks is my stomach is bloated all the time.

Skosh

Power member.
GUCHIE said:
I didn't really have a diet plan. It was really just eat that shake in the morning after my run then I would just wait till dinner. When doing this though whenever you get hungry just drink a lot of water it helps a TON. Then for dinner I would just eat the whole thing or a good sized proportion. I did this pretty much everyday, at the beginning of my diet/working out I did this for a good 3-5 weeks straight then as I noticed the results started to come I would have an off day or something like that. Now I am on an abroad program with my school so it is very hard to maintain the diet I had, but I haven't gained much weight (Like 3-5 Pounds) and am able to workout 5 days a week in the gym which helps a bunch since my diet is shit. But what sucks is my stomach is bloated all the time.
You are staying bloated because you are not eating properly. You are supposed to consume some kind of food or snack every 3 hours. My aunt started a diet plan and has better results now than when she busted her ass in the gym and really watched what she ate..

She gets to eat all the time. It's like one of those container plans... I thought about doing that and she only does a 30 minute workout daily.. Seems like what ever shit she does works well.. You going through the day and not eating is a no no. It may work but snack on some crackers or an apple or something.. Should help with being bloated.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Skosh said:
You are staying bloated because you are not eating properly. You are supposed to consume some kind of food or snack every 3 hours. My aunt started a diet plan and has better results now than when she busted her ass in the gym and really watched what she ate..

She gets to eat all the time. It's like one of those container plans... I thought about doing that and she only does a 30 minute workout daily.. Seems like what ever shit she does works well.. You going through the day and not eating is a no no. It may work but snack on some crackers or an apple or something.. Should help with being bloated.
O yeah I know why I am bloating I am not watching my diet here what so ever but I make up with it by working out for an hour to an hour and a half 5 days a week. Also while I am here in Spain I am not dieting at the moment I am eating whatever I want lol thats why I am bloating high carbs and shit like that. Now that I only have a couple weeks left I am going to start watching my diet again. But that sounds great, but idk I don't really need a diet plan at the moment. But when I get home I will because I am going to try to put on a bunch of muscle so I am going to need a very high protein diet.

Aesop

User is banned.
i've lost 35 lbs since June by cutting my meals down a dickload like you did. i haven't worked out at all lol, i just eat sooo much less than I did before. it's a habit now, and i'm still losing weight. i'm still fat but im getting there. if anyone really wants to lose weight you just have to put in some effort in the first couple of weeks and after that it just feels natural. i should prob start running or something though im just lazy as fuck

i also have been eating a ton of subway. my mom doesn't really like cooking so we eat out often and i just replaced the wendys and taco bell with subway and that seemed to help lmao.

good job tho man im proud of u

HUNNID

User is banned.
Aesop said:
i've lost 35 lbs since June by cutting my meals down a dickload like you did. i haven't worked out at all lol, i just eat sooo much less than I did before. it's a habit now, and i'm still losing weight. i'm still fat but im getting there. if anyone really wants to lose weight you just have to put in some effort in the first couple of weeks and after that it just feels natural. i should prob start running or something though im just lazy as fuck

i also have been eating a ton of subway. my mom doesn't really like cooking so we eat out often and i just replaced the wendys and taco bell with subway and that seemed to help lmao.

good job tho man im proud of u
Nice job! Congrats on the loss. Defiantly start working out man it is the best! I used to dread it now I look forward to it. It will be a pain in the ass to get into at first but after time and you see the gains you will begin to like it.

Chainsmoke

Onyx user!
That diet is not very healthy. Chicken and hummus. Have an apple for breakfast, have 1 or 2 strips of chicken with hummus, then have chicken and hummus for dinner. Hummus has all types of flavors, so you won't be getting bored. Activity is a must though, can't have a good diet but never move from the chair. Dancing to music, even if you can't dance well, is a great workout.

I'm dad bod status (im old), ex-military helps a lot though.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Chainsmoke said:
That diet is not very healthy. Chicken and hummus. Have an apple for breakfast, have 1 or 2 strips of chicken with hummus, then have chicken and hummus for dinner. Hummus has all types of flavors, so you won't be getting bored. Activity is a must though, can't have a good diet but never move from the chair. Dancing to music, even if you can't dance well, is a great workout.

I'm dad bod status (im old), ex-military helps a lot though.
Whos diet are you talking about lol? My diet was like that because I wanted to lose weight at a fast rate and it worked. Now that I have done that I will be switching to a protein diet once I get home in order to gain muscle.

Chainsmoke

Onyx user!
GUCHIE said:
Whos diet are you talking about lol? My diet was like that because I wanted to lose weight at a fast rate and it worked. Now that I have done that I will be switching to a protein diet once I get home in order to gain muscle.

I mis-read I thought you meant you stopped eating all but 1 meal to lose the weight, THEN swapped to the other stuff.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Chainsmoke said:
I mis-read I thought you meant you stopped eating all but 1 meal to lose the weight, THEN swapped to the other stuff.

OO okay haha but it was a 2 meal a day plan and my calorie intake was probably under 1200-1500 each day (That is being generous I think) because for dinner most of the time I would have chicken and green beans or something healthy along those lines.

Chainsmoke

Onyx user!
GUCHIE said:
OO okay haha but it was a 2 meal a day plan and my calorie intake was probably under 1200-1500 each day (That is being generous I think) because for dinner most of the time I would have chicken and green beans or something healthy along those lines.

Grilled Chicken and Hummus is all I can say. Amazing combo, Hummus is sooo good for you. You should try it, I eat the pepper hummus, but there is even fucking chocolate.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Chainsmoke said:
Grilled Chicken and Hummus is all I can say. Amazing combo, Hummus is sooo good for you. You should try it, I eat the pepper hummus, but there is even fucking chocolate.
I will give it a try when I get home. When I get home I am going to be going back on a strict diet (I am on an abroad program and have not had a strict diet what so ever). I will eat that for dinner then, it sounds really good as well and I love hummus.

Chainsmoke

Onyx user!
GUCHIE said:
I will give it a try when I get home. When I get home I am going to be going back on a strict diet (I am on an abroad program and have not had a strict diet what so ever). I will eat that for dinner then, it sounds really good as well and I love hummus.

I have both my kids addicted to hummus, and it serves them well. I'm always running to the store because they want to try another flavor or want some for their damn chips or something. It's one of those things I can't keep to myself because they will eat it all if I tell them they can't have it.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Chainsmoke said:
I have both my kids addicted to hummus, and it serves them well. I'm always running to the store because they want to try another flavor or want some for their damn chips or something. It's one of those things I can't keep to myself because they will eat it all if I tell them they can't have it.
Hahah true. My family never really keeps hummus at the house, even though we all like it. When I get home I will buy some and get back to you on the chicken and hummus. It sounds amazing though haha!

αяυη

Power member.
Nice thread!
At the end of the day, weightloss is just calories in vs calories out. If you eat less than what your body needs to maintain it's weight, you'll lose weight - end of.
Exercise isn't necessary at all, it's all about calories in vs calories out. Of course, exercise will help you to reach your goals a little faster. Even if you hate cardio - it isn't needed. You can lift weights, the more muscle you have, the greater aid it will be to losing weight.

To anyone who is trying to lose weight, I'd advise going to forum.bodybuilding.com you'll find all the info you need there.
Also track everything you eat with a food tracker such as MyFitnessPal.
If you follow that, you can't really go wrong.