• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to keep your PC Safe & Protected

Natha

PC Security & Protection

fjmEAc

This will be a tutorial on how you can keep your computer safe and protected for free. I will be listing some Anti-Malware softwares, and Anti-Viruses which can help protect your system.

I take full credits for the guide, as it is written by me.

To Download any of the programs below, click the software title

avgcopy.png

AVG Free Edition - Anti Virus

AVG is by far one of the best Free Anti viruses out there, and most used aswell. It offers full protection, and no trial/run out date. It's completely free. Below are some reasons why AVG them self recommend using their software.

• Over 110 million people trust our people-powered protection.
  • We’re rated #1 in threat detection by independent antivirus testing labs.
  • It’s easy to install and use.

AVG also includes, Anti-Spyware, Link scanner, Email scanner, Resident shield.

mbam256.png

Malware Bytes Anti-Malware

Malware Bytes Anti-Malware is a Anti Malware software that is used to remove found threats on your computer, once you've done a full system scan, if threats are found, it will have an option to REMOVE ALL, this is a great program to use to remove threats.

12767797211superantispy.png

SUPERAntiSpyware

Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats.

online_scanner_button.jpg

ESET Online Scanner

ESET Online Scanner is a user friendly, free and powerful tool which you can use to remove malware from any PC utilizing only your web browser without having to install anti-virus software. ESET Online Scanner uses the same ThreatSense® technology and signatures as ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus, and is always up-to-date.​

I hope this has helped you in some way.

Thanks,
Natha.

Natha

Thanks guys, I'm trying to contribute after my past experiences with RG, inactivity etc.

1337Inj3ct0r

Onyx user!
Nice tutorial, yet at some point I will have to disagree.

You cant say "The best free AV" As u cant get any good Free AV's Its just not possible, you will have to empty ur pockets In order to get a good AV.
And yet there will be lots of lots of peoples that can still infect you, called a crypter, makes their files 100% FUD.
The only thing that can keep u guys safe from virusses Is some simple things :

1. If It looks like a false site, dont download from It.
2. Never download stuff that claims to be a cracked program.
3. Never download stuff from youtube, unless you are 100% Sure Its fully legit.
4. Always scan files on : Scanner2.novirusthanks.org before opening ( Save instead of run )

Thats some tips, but dont misunderstand me, Its always good to have a AV whether Its Free or not, as 50% Of all the virusses are uncrypted and will get detected.

And then I would like to add the program : Online armor, Its a very good program that scans all files before opening, and It also works as a firewall, ( Protecting against DDoS )

Whats DDoS?
DDoS Is what probably laggs ur Internet, commanded by the botnet admin, a botnet Is a net of connections. Let me paint you a picture.

We have 1000 bots, In a botnet, we take some of the internet connection from all of the bots and make It Into a big ball.

In this case we call this ball the ball of power.

Then we command the ball of power to attack one target, that will do so the Internet connection of the victim will fail ( Which means that you cant get on the Internet )
To protect urself against It, Its good to have a firewall ;)

Everything It takes from the botnet admin Is ur IP and he can basicly fuck up ur Internet.

If you became a part of a botnet ( By opening a file thats backdoored ) Ur Internet will lagg everytime the botnet admin uses It.

Sorry for the bad grammar, I just woke up 20 mins ago.

Solidify

This is a helpful thread for users that don't know the basics of malware and virus protection. Might I suggest Avast Anti-virus as well? I've been using it on three computers for almost a year now and it's very manageable. It doesn't get in your way while you're trying to perform you're daily tasks.

Inxy

Onyx user!
I wouldn't use Malware Bytes Anti-Malware or ESEST online scanner or even SUPERAntiSpyware as a real time protection. Something like Avira or Kaspersky would be a good anti-virus in my eyes.