• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to eat Healthy on a small budget and with unhealthy parents

Replicate

User is banned.
Ok I'm fat as fuck and need to start losing weight, but I barely have enough $ to buy chicken breasts or whatever healthy foods there are. Also my parents are coming back from china in two weeks so they'll probably just try to feed me some unhealthy Asian shit. what kind of foods are cheap, healthy, and don't taste terrible?

Hulk

User is banned.
@old is the only person I can think of right now that is not a fat ass on this forum and knows his shit.

gl circuit.

Korora

User is banned.
Nuts & Cheese Sticks, Both are actually rather healthy for you and its probably the best thing to get while your budget is low.

Bomb

User is banned.
I eat a lot of oatmeal & steamed rice with grilled chicken, eggs and sometimes corn.

ᵀ ᴸ

I am a very healthy eater and this is what I eat (I generally dine in restaurants during the weekends)

Dinner
I cook this two days a week
1 Tilapia filet ($12 for a bag of 7)
1 bunch of boiled broccoli

Season the tilapia filet with desired spices and throw it into the oven for 18 minutes at 350F.

Boil the broccoli until soft.

Plate and eat.

It is extremely low calories, and is easy enough to make lunch, and dinner, for three days in one go.

I make this the other three days a week
I go to the japanese market and pick up filets of sashimi grade salmon

I slice it into decent size sashimi, top with chopped wasabi, pour a small dish of soy & yuzu sauce, and eat. I generally eat this for lunch as well as there is also a japanese market near my office.

Breakfast

Of course for breakfast I will generally eat a croissant and have a glass of orange juice.

old

Hulk said:
@old is the only person I can think of right now that is not a fat ass on this forum and knows his shit.

gl circuit.
lmao appreciate it homie.

Actually surprised if your parents are chinese and unhealthy. Asains have one of the cleanest diets, for thenmost part. alright, so you're gonna wanna eat shit that isn't loaded on carbs bro. everyone's body is different so I nor anyone else on this forum can tell you what to eat exactly. do some nutrition research and figure out what your goals are weight-wise and possibly fitness-wise (if you plan to work out).
Firstly and easiest of all, quit drinking sodas and energy drinks. Switch to water and natural juices.

Nether

Onyx user!
Portion yourself to 5 small meals a day that includes snacks (Cliff bars, not potato chips) and two larger meals out of the 5 (chicken & asparagus is my favorite, especially grilled). Don't just eat healthy, you have to exercise with it to keep up with your body changing otherwise you will have loose skin and you will look nasty. I recommend weight training as that will keep your skin tight and you will feel confident in yourself at the beach. Other than that just portion yourself, eat only a little bit & wait 20 minutes to let it kick in, I promise you will feel full as you need to let your stomach shrink. Good luck, I went from 230 to 155 in about 1 year, its easily possible. Currently im 160, 6 foot, and run everyday, swim, and weight train. Its all about the committment and thinking to yourself "I cannot wait to see my results in a month" because it really does pay off. Good luck man and if you have any questions PM me!

Korora

User is banned.
ᵀ ᴸ said:
I am a very healthy eater and this is what I eat (I generally dine in restaurants during the weekends)

Dinner
I cook this two days a week
1 Tilapia filet ($12 for a bag of 7)
1 bunch of boiled broccoli

Season the tilapia filet with desired spices and throw it into the oven for 18 minutes at 350F.

Boil the broccoli until soft.

Plate and eat.

It is extremely low calories, and is easy enough to make lunch, and dinner, for three days in one go.

I make this the other three days a week
I go to the japanese market and pick up filets of sashimi grade salmon

I slice it into decent size sashimi, top with chopped wasabi, pour a small dish of soy & yuzu sauce, and eat. I generally eat this for lunch as well as there is also a japanese market near my office.

Breakfast

Of course for breakfast I will generally eat a croissant and have a glass of orange juice.

I followed along until this sentence:
"[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I slice it into decent size sashimi, top with chopped wasabi, pour a small dish of soy & yuzu sauce, and eat. I generally eat this for lunch as well as there is also a japanese market near my office."[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Never heard about any of that before, sounds interesting though![/font]

Hulk

User is banned.
old said:
lmao appreciate it homie.

Actually surprised if your parents are chinese and unhealthy. Asains have one of the cleanest diets, for thenmost part. alright, so you're gonna wanna eat shit that isn't loaded on carbs bro. everyone's body is different so I nor anyone else on this forum can tell you what to eat exactly. do some nutrition research and figure out what your goals are weight-wise and possibly fitness-wise (if you plan to work out).
Firstly and easiest of all, quit drinking sodas and energy drinks. Switch to water and natural juices.
np its rare to find people on this site who are not degens

old

Hulk said:
np its rare to find people on this site who are not degens

on some off topic real shit nerds on here get butthurt about comments on an internet forum. I got a feeling I know you..

ᵀ ᴸ

Maximum said:
I followed along until this sentence:
"[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I slice it into decent size sashimi, top with chopped wasabi, pour a small dish of soy & yuzu sauce, and eat. I generally eat this for lunch as well as there is also a japanese market near my office."[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Never heard about any of that before, sounds interesting though![/font]

Think sushi, but without the rice.

Spartan

Onyx user!
Follow the YouTube channel 'ANIMAL' they have several 'big on a budget' videos. This will be the best you'll get on the internet. I do bodybuilding myself although I work full time so I'm not as limited. Good luck