• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How good is this computer build?

Jaken

Very good. I'd get caviar black instead of caviar blue.

Jaken

Boogeyman said:
Why's that if you don't mind me asking? I'm not too familiar with HDD's.
Blues are basic as fuck. Mine is always crashing and causing blue screens. Luckily I just ordered a caviar black and a samsung ssd.

Boogeyman said:
Why's that if you don't mind me asking? I'm not too familiar with HDD's.
Blue is basic. Black is a performance HDD. Can handle more.

Rare

4 GB Video card, very nice.
Overall a good build if you can afford it.

Awhile

This is a great build this mf will be powerful as hell when you get this

Luciano

Onyx user!
I'm not too tech savvy but this build is powerful. Good luck on this man :)

Boogeyman

Jaken said:
Blues are basic as fuck. Mine is always crashing and causing blue screens. Luckily I just ordered a caviar black and a samsung ssd.

Blue is basic. Black is a performance HDD. Can handle more.

Switched the blue out with the black, thanks for your help! Just need a sick case now.

Achonos

I'm jealous of this build, its the same price that mine was a year ago, but way better... good job dude :)

Boogeyman

Achonos said:
I'm jealous of this build, its the same price that mine was a year ago, but way better... good job dude :)
 Thanks man, first build ever. Going to school for programming so thought I would build a pc. Trying to sell my Macbook Pro for some money.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
@boogeyman your build seems pretty good! Just curious though why would you sell your macbook if your going into programming? I know you said you need money but is there any other reason?

Achonos

Solid first build, @boogeyman anything in particular you want to create in your programming future?

Boogeyman

coltie2 said:
@boogeyman your build seems pretty good! Just curious though why would you sell your macbook if your going into programming? I know you said you need money but is there any other reason?

Most of the programming that I'm doing is simpler on windows computers, also kinda want to get into PC gaming.

Achonos said:
Solid first build, @boogeyman anything in particular you want to create in your programming future?

I'm not quite sure yet, there's too many options. As of right now I know the simple languages such as HTML, CSS, and somewhat C++ but check out the OP, I posted another build that someone sent me on the other site.

Cred

That looks like a really good build. I'm thinking about upgrading my gpu for the one in the first build, i've heard many good reviews on that.

off topic but @coltie2 when did you get mod? props to you man

coltie2

Ex-Staff
@cred he does have a nice setup right?! And I got mod today bud:)

@boogeyman That makes a lot of sense my man. Are you going to be working on mobile apps?

Boogeyman

Cred said:
That looks like a really good build. I'm thinking about upgrading my gpu for the one in the first build, i've heard many good reviews on that.

off topic but @coltie2 when did you get mod? props to you man
What build would you guys get, the first one or the second one I posted? 

Not too familiar with PC builds. 

coltie2 said:
@cred he does have a nice setup right?! And I got mod today bud:)

@boogeyman That makes a lot of sense my man. Are you going to be working on mobile apps?

Congrats on mod! Probably in the future sometime.

Achonos

Boogeyman said:
Most of the programming that I'm doing is simpler on windows computers, also kinda want to get into PC gaming.

I'm not quite sure yet, there's too many options. As of right now I know the simple languages such as HTML, CSS, and somewhat C++ but check out the OP, I posted another build that someone sent me on the other site.

That's true, there are a lot of options. I'm also learning HTML, CSS, and Java! Also, the second build greatly increased the CPU power, but the HDD went back to a Caviar Blue. And I don't know about the GPU, I haven't done a comparison on those two!

Boogeyman

Achonos said:
That's true, there are a lot of options.  I'm also learning HTML, CSS, and Java! Also, the second build greatly increased the CPU power, but the HDD went back to a Caviar Blue.  And I don't know about the GPU, I haven't done a comparison on those two!

Quoting someone on the other site.

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]If your building an i7 build new, go with the 6700k, 10% better performer...[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Ram and motherboard to match Z170.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Don't bother with WD Black unless you want more than 1TB, the Blue is half the price and just as good.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]390 > 970 as mentioned.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The R4 case had some cons that they fixed with the R5 which is also $40 cheaper![/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The NEX PSU's are really crap, they fudged numbers to pass tests, link here: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]http://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4664846[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The 212 EVO will be fine for mild overclocks but go past 4.4GHz'ish and it might hold you back.[/font]

Cred

Boogeyman said:
What build would you guys get, the first one or the second one I posted? 

Not too familiar with PC builds. 
Honestly I would not be able to tell you, I am not too familiar with PC builds either. They both look like very good builds though.

Achonos

Boogeyman said:
Quoting someone on the other site.

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]If your building an i7 build new, go with the 6700k, 10% better performer...[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Ram and motherboard to match Z170.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Don't bother with WD Black unless you want more than 1TB, the Blue is half the price and just as good.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]390 > 970 as mentioned.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The R4 case had some cons that they fixed with the R5 which is also $40 cheaper![/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The NEX PSU's are really crap, they fudged numbers to pass tests, link here: [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]http://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4664846[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The 212 EVO will be fine for mild overclocks but go past 4.4GHz'ish and it might hold you back.[/font]

Ahhh yeah I remember now. Yeah I would say the second build is the one to go for.