• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How do I go about this

Xyphien

So, I've made this indiegogo campaign to help raise enough money to upgrade my site. I have a good cause, and the site is a gaming community, that gives back to the community. Meaning we giveaway free games (Mostly steam), spotlight members, and generally just try to help out the gaming community any way we can. I'm trying to upgrade it, and make it more viable with this cause, and add a portal to it, spotlight the reviews more, and turn our youtube into a community channel. I have all these addons I'll be getting, people I'll be paying to help customize it better, etc. I'm wondering how I should go about getting more people interested/spreading the word more. I've sent it to my friends, online buddies, etc. What more should I do? Any ideas?

Azzurra

Xyphien said:
So, I've made this indiegogo campaign to help raise enough money to upgrade my site. I have a good cause, and the site is a gaming community, that gives back to the community. Meaning we giveaway free games (Mostly steam), spotlight members, and generally just try to help out the gaming community any way we can. I'm trying to upgrade it, and make it more viable with this cause, and add a portal to it, spotlight the reviews more, and turn our youtube into a community channel. I have all these addons I'll be getting, people I'll be paying to help customize it better, etc. I'm wondering how I should go about getting more people interested/spreading the word more. I've sent it to my friends, online buddies, etc. What more should I do? Any ideas?
The best way is social media.

Or start to socialize with people and then get them on skype, once you have about ten people make a group and be like "So here's my plan..." some will be like "Ya no.." others will be interested and want to help.

The best way is to befriend everyone you meet in a game :p

Jake

Advertisement is a huge factor when it comes to site traffic. Maybe invest in advertisers and see where it goes. Usually sites have to offer unique stuff to grab a mass amount of attention. I heard of FK because of the marketplace. It's very simply, fast and you can find almost anything in there.