• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Help growing my IG?

Chrome Hearts

Power member.
I put out quality content, I believe.
My Instagram is @cargo, I'm a photographer and I try to put out nice content as much as I can. I've been stuck at around 540 for months now and I really want to grow! Can anyone help me out or give me any methods?

Rare

Bape said:
My Instagram is @cargo, I'm a photographer and I try to put out nice content as much as I can. I've been stuck at around 540 for months now and I really want to grow! Can anyone help me out or give me any methods?
Go to a hashtag with similarities to your page and like / comment on them.
Follow a huge photographer and follow their oilers then unfollow the next day.
Hope this helps!

Chrome Hearts

Power member.
Rare said:
Go to a hashtag with similarities to your page and like / comment on them.
Follow a huge photographer and follow their oilers then unfollow the next day.
Hope this helps!
I just started doing this hashtag thing. I always use a list of hashtags when I upload a picture, and delete the comment a few hours later. Thanks!

PrintLn

Onyx user!
I don't know much about this from experience but I can tell you what I think.

I've seen people doing this IG thing thinking they'll end up like @satan and getting paid to put an advertisement in their bio. The problem is that this is bound to fail. How many people do you know that want to be @satan? How many people do you know that are even close to being @satan? I wouldn't ask someone with no money for tips on investing. I wouldn't ask someone who eats microwave dinners every night for great recipes to cook. If you want good tips and information on social media growth and monetisation, ask people who have been successful with it.

I believe that extreme success comes to those who don't expect it. Do you think Mark Zuckerberg EVER expected to be in the position he is in? What about Bill Gates? Athletes? The reason for this I believe is that these people do it for the love of the craft, not the money. The goal was not money for them, that came as an extra later on. Those who specifically do it for the money have their mind in the wrong place, to succeed they need to focus on the craft. I don't know if anyone here is old enough but the Dot-com bubble is a great example. Once people saw others being successful on the Internet and seeing these kids in their garage and basement becoming millionaires almost overnight, they flocked to the Computer Science departments as if a degree was a golden ticket to wealth. Those who came only for the money soon found out that they weren't cut out for it and left. The kids in their garage that made some money originally didn't have money on their mind, they were doing it for the enjoyment of just doing it. The best athletes do it for the love of the game, not for the paycheck. This can be argued by saying many of them waste their money instantly but that's cultural and a different argument.

My point is, if monetisation is the ultimate goal, don't expect success.

So yes, you can follow people and unfollow them the next day, you'll probably get some doing that. You can use hashtags, you can buy followers, you can buy bots to follow you, you can buy a shoutout, you can advertise on other popular photographers content, etc. But all that time you spent doing that is time you didn't spend getting the perfect shot of that scene. Ultimately, you'll only be successful if others like and enjoy your content. Just like in business, if the product just isn't selling no matter what, the market is telling you that it disagrees with you.

Please don't say this, everyone says it. EVERYONE thinks they're the smartest/best at everything. That's human nature. Feel free to look up research on that, plenty has been done. However, I do appreciate your humble "I believe."

Bape said:

Do it for the love of photography, not the love of money, and I guarantee you'll be happy. I hope this helps.

Edit: grammar

Space Time

User is banned.
Focus on photography if you want to grow.
Don't post personal photos or any of that bullshit.
Stick to one niche.
Only way people will follow you and like is either you have a niche or it is a personal but personals don't grow much unless
1. You are popular
2. You are famous
3. You are a model.

Honestly you should think of cleaning and deleting some of your posts and starting with only a few good photos.

Magnificent

get a shoutout from a big page it'll boost you up enough to start up your account

PrintLn

Onyx user!
Space Time said:
Focus on photography if you want to grow.
Don't post personal photos or any of that bullshit.
Stick to one niche.
Only way people will follow you and like is either you have a niche or it is a personal but personals don't grow much unless
1. You are popular
2. You are famous
3. You are a model.

Honestly you should think of cleaning and deleting some of your posts and starting with only a few good photos.

I agree. From what I see (as someone who doesn't deal with IG) is that there are three kinds of (popular) accounts. 
  1. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Beauty (models, girls, etc)[/font]
  2. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Humorous[/font]
  3. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Interesting (niche)[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I think you fall into the third category. Also, I like your content. I agree with @Space Time though. I don't particularly care for the personal stuff. Unless the content is specifically about personal stuff, I wouldn't recommend putting it. I don't know if this is true for IG because of the userbase but usually very interesting specific niches get lots of attention. One example is "Humans of New York" on Facebook.[/font]

ForumKorner

PrintLn said:

I've seen people doing this IG thing thinking they'll end up like @satan and getting paid to put an advertisement in their bio. The problem is that this is bound to fail. How many people do you know that want to be @satan? How many people do you know that are even close to being @satan? I wouldn't ask someone with no money for tips on investing. I wouldn't ask someone who eats microwave dinners every night for great recipes to cook. If you want good tips and information on social media growth and monetisation, ask people who have been successful with it.

I believe that extreme success comes to those who don't expect it. Do you think Mark Zuckerberg EVER expected to be in the position he is in? What about Bill Gates? Athletes? The reason for this I believe is that these people do it for the love of the craft, not the money. The goal was not money for them, that came as an extra later on. Those who specifically do it for the money have their mind in the wrong place, to succeed they need to focus on the craft. I don't know if anyone here is old enough but the Dot-com bubble is a great example. Once people saw others being successful on the Internet and seeing these kids in their garage and basement becoming millionaires almost overnight, they flocked to the Computer Science departments as if a degree was a golden ticket to wealth. Those who came only for the money soon found out that they weren't cut out for it and left. The kids in their garage that made some money originally didn't have money on their mind, they were doing it for the enjoyment of just doing it. The best athletes do it for the love of the game, not for the paycheck. This can be argued by saying many of them waste their money instantly but that's cultural and a different argument.

So yes, you can follow people and unfollow them the next day, you'll probably get some doing that. You can use hashtags, you can buy followers, you can buy bots to follow you, you can buy a shoutout, you can advertise on other popular photographers content, etc. But all that time you spent doing that is time you didn't spend getting the perfect shot of that scene. Ultimately, you'll only be successful if others like and enjoy your content. Just like in business, if the product just isn't selling no matter what, the market is telling you that it disagrees with you.

Please don't say this, everyone says it. EVERYONE thinks they're the smartest/best at everything. That's human nature. Feel free to look up research on that, plenty has been done. However, I do appreciate your humble "I believe."

Do it for the love of photography, not the love of money, and I guarantee you'll be happy. I hope this helps.

Edit: grammer
Uh I know people who make $1k daily monetizing through advertisement.
I grow my stat because I love to but as well make money on the side by advertising.

PrintLn

Onyx user!
Emoji said:
Uh I know people who make $1k daily monetizing through advertisement.
I grow my stat because I love to but as well make money on the side by advertising.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but have you personally verified this or is it just hearsay? $1k/day is $365k/year. That's a very good living.

What is a "stat"? Status (popularity) or something?

ForumKorner

PrintLn said:
I'm not saying I don't believe you but have you personally verified this or is it just hearsay? $1k/day is $365k/year. That's a very good living.

What is a "stat"? Status (popularity) or something?
Yes it's verifiable. People on this site work at the same network I'm in and know that certain people earn this amount per day. It's shown in the network we work in. I just think you're ignorant on things.

To stay in topic: I suggest getting a promo on the other site OP. 1k promo can get you somewhere. Post the right things and you'll see more and more people coming to your page.

PrintLn

Onyx user!
Emoji said:
Yes it's verifiable. People on this site work at the same network I'm in and know that certain people earn this amount per day. It's shown in the network we work in. I just think you're ignorant on things.

I agree, I am very ignorant. I'm still new to the marketplace overall. $1k/day isn't a lot for an actual company to drop on advertising. My confusion comes when they advertise to those with very little spending power. I can see it as them considering it as a potential investment but still raises a question or two. Then again, I don't know who is purchasing this advertisement space. I assumed small companies previously but I can see where a medium or large company would be interested also.

ForumKorner

PrintLn said:
I agree, I am very ignorant. I'm still new to the marketplace overall. $1k/day isn't a lot for an actual company to drop on advertising. My confusion comes when they advertise to those with very little spending power. I can see it as them considering it as a potential investment but still raises a question or two. Then again, I don't know who is purchasing this advertisement space. I assumed small companies previously but I can see where a medium or large company would be interested also.
The company doesn't earn $1k/day. It's regular people like you and I that for the company earning 1k/day. The company earns much more.

VPN

took me like 12 years to click on the thread.
they got all these follow for follow apps in the app store. i fucked with them and saw results. just takes time to get a steady amount my dude.
if you get the app, look for more reliable one that aren't shady chochs

Blender

Onyx user!
PrintLn said:

Edit: grammar

Man, this was written so perfect. Really enjoyed it to be honest. Puts a good perspective to the present day person and how they think wealth just sprouts up out of no where. You can't be doing things for the money, you gotta do it because you love it. So OP that's pretty much all you gotta do man. Just enjoy your content and make connections you want to make, not connections you think will make you the next @satan or Zuckerberg.

VPN

@blender isn't zuckerberg the dude off ttg or is that another guy? haha

PrintLn

Onyx user!
Emoji said:
The company doesn't earn $1k/day. It's regular people like you and I that for the company earning 1k/day. The company earns much more.
I know. I was saying the company is spending $1k/day for advertising on the IG account. We're both saying the same thing.
VPN said:
@blender isn't zuckerberg the dude off ttg or is that another guy? haha
No. Mark Zuckerberg is the CEO of Facebook. I was alluding to the Synapse Media Player he wrote in high school. [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]This line is very telling of his motivations:[/font]

“One of the companies offered us $950,000 but wanted us to go work for them for 3 years,” Zuckerberg says. “We wanted to go to college, so we said no.”