• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Have ACT Soon what should I study?

Castro

Have ACT Soon what should I study? Anyone wanna give me tips or advice.

Envy

Grizzled
You can't study. It's not something you can just study for. Just take it and hope for success. I just looked at the practice tests before I took it.

Color

Valiant said:
You can't study. It's not something you can just study for. Just take it and hope for success. I just looked at the practice tests before I took it.

Are you, well, how do I put this, retarded?

OT: You should've taken a prep class, they're extremely beneficial. I'd suggest looking over old concepts you've probably lost over the years in math. I personally have no struggle with reading/comprehension or grammar, so I felt that wasn't much for me. The most important thing, aside from just knowledge, is proper test taking strategies for the ACT. You'll find there are a lot of them, and this will really give you a boost on the test. The most helpful tip I'd received for the ACT is to ALWAYS answer EVERY question. The questions in the math area will always progress in difficulty, they're not randomly arranged. Once you begin to struggle, know you don't HAVE to work out each question, that'll just take away from the time you could spend being sure your answers you know are correct. When you reach these, depending on the score you're aiming for, you'll choose ALL of the same letter. Answers are always evenly dispersed to each letter. In other words, you're guaranteed 2-3 correct answers. This is also helpful if you're low on time and just need to finish up quick, always be sure to do this.

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like any more tips or advice.

Envy

Grizzled
Color said:
Are you, well, how do I put this, retarded?

OT: You should've taken a prep class, they're extremely beneficial. I'd suggest looking over old concepts you've probably lost over the years in math. I personally have no struggle with reading/comprehension or grammar, so I felt that wasn't much for me. The most important thing, aside from just knowledge, is proper test taking strategies for the ACT. You'll find there are a lot of them, and this will really give you a boost on the test. The most helpful tip I'd received for the ACT is to ALWAYS answer EVERY question. The questions in the math area will always progress in difficulty, they're not randomly arranged. Once you begin to struggle, know you don't HAVE to work out each question, that'll just take away from the time you could spend being sure your answers you know are correct. When you reach these, depending on the score you're aiming for, you'll choose ALL of the same letter. Answers are always evenly dispersed to each letter. In other words, you're guaranteed 2-3 correct answers. This is also helpful if you're low on time and just need to finish up quick, always be sure to do this.

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like any more tips or advice.

I'm in college, and got a 30 on the ACT.

Color

Valiant said:
I'm in college, and got a 30 on the ACT.

Then why must you come of with such ignorance?

Habs

User is banned.
You're going to not want to study because you can't.

Envy

Grizzled
Color said:
Then why must you come of with such ignorance?

I'm not being ignorant... I'm being realistic. The act is designed as a test of knowledge, not to test studiable material. These standaradized tests are built to test the collection of knowledge after 16-17 years of life. People who take prep classes are simply taught how to beat the system. I never took any prep classes. I told him the only thing that I did. I looked at some practice tests to see what i'm up against.

Summon

User is banned.
If you want to go to a school that will be really hard to get into, I would take a prep class. Otherwise I would just look over some practice tests.

Baker

User is banned.
I agree with @color . I took the ACT and SAT without Prep classes. Then retook them with the Prep and i Scored Way higher. Even tho i planned on going to the airforce where my scores were useless i still retook them with prep. It helps. Also the test books with practice tests help alot.