• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Hardrive is screwed up

Mojo

User is banned.
So every 10-20 minutes, my computer gets extremely slow for 5-10 minutes. Like it is a solid 10 seconds input delay on both my keyboard and mouse.
I think it's time to turf this crappy mac n get a windows laptop or somthing. Maybe I'll get a cheap notebook and install "the illegal hacker operating system known as lunix". Jokes, but I think it's time for this mac to gtfo.

Mojo

User is banned.
Jamil said:
I thought it was Linux, but whatever.

twas a joke based off of this article
http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html
prepare for lulz
Specifically, this part
"Your son may try to install "lunix" on your hard drive. If he is careful, you may not notice its presence, however, lunix is a capricious beast, and if handled incorrectly, your son may damage your computer, and even break it completely by deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional.

If you see the word "LILO" during your windows startup (just after you turn the machine on), your son has installed lunix. In order to get rid of it, you will have to send your computer back to the manufacturer, and have them fit a new hard drive. Lunix is extremely dangerous software, and cannot be removed without destroying part of your hard disk surface."

Rude

OG OG.
If you can, if recommend defragging your computer. This may only be on windows but idk. Check your stock apps and see. I did it to my HP and it runs super fast all the time.

S/O to: @Thehackerhd for showing me defragging. :p

Mojo

User is banned.
Jamil said:
I just read the http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html thing. It is dumb and soooooo ignorant. Was this written in like 1973?

lmao ikr?
5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours. If your son is doing this, he is breaking the law, and you should stop him immediately. The safest policy is to limit your children's access to the computer to a maximum of forty-five minutes each day.

like...