• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Graphics card for this computer?

Ironhide

Onyx user!
I need a new graphics card for my oldish computer, I'm not looking for any hard core gaming on this, I just need a graphics card in there so it's not running on some integrated crap.

The specs of the desktop:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott 90nm Technology)
RAM: 1 GB DDR Memory
Mobo: Dell Computer Corp. 0F4491 (Microprocessor)

Thanks.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Depends if your board has the PCI slot to accept the card.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
The Real Kevin said:
Depends if your board has the PCI slot to accept the card.

I think the motherboard has PCI-e (whatever it's called) It's AGP I think? So it's pretty old...haha

Macklemore

User is banned.
I wouldn't put something really good in it because it couldn't handle it. But something just normal or maybe below normal will do perfectly.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Cummins said:
I think the motherboard has PCI-e (whatever it's called) It's AGP I think? So it's pretty old...haha

Where is your graphics card at currently on your motherboard? That's where any new card will go, if it doesn't fit the slot it will not work. I'm pretty sure that now-a-days they are standard though and make sure you have a big enough power supply.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
The Real Kevin said:
Where is your graphics card at currently on your motherboard? That's where any new card will go, if it doesn't fit the slot it will not work. I'm pretty sure that now-a-days they are standard though and make sure you have a big enough power supply.

Monitor's connected to the motherboard video (there's no video card currently in it).

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Cummins said:
Monitor's connected to the motherboard video (there's no video card currently in it).

You're probably going to need a new board then.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
The Real Kevin said:
You're probably going to need a new board then.

Meh, not worth it then haha.

Thanks for the help man

м¢ℓσνιη

Personally I would upgrade the whole machine.

Raptor

Power member.
My recommendation - don't even bother with a GPU unless your CPU is built at some point after the 70s, and that isn't the case here. Junk the machine.