• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

food for thought on JAG

Deathcrow

Power member.
Adam said:
deathcrow said:
Adam said:
Impossible to access the email with 2 way verification. If my email is logged onto from an unknown computer it sends a text message to my phone to confirm it.

So it doesn't let you access the email until confirmed or it just let's you know?

Also, time to hack smartphones....
It doesn't allow access until I confirm it.

That's definitely secure then. Only way to hack a person who has this kind of security would be to get their phone and computer infected. Would be tough. Do you ever hook your phone up to your computer? That could be one method of solving this problem.

EDIT: I just set up the mobile verification for my email as well. :)

Gogetaa

other than the email verification, can anyone pick any other issues out of the JAG system?

or some "food for thought" as i like to call it :)

Montoya-Valdez

Onyx user!
Theres no way around. Plain and simple.

Only way is RAT them and wait till they go AFK or something for a bit and leave their computer on.

Pichu

Onyx user!
a lot of people do not use the runescape site to login,so the device change of swiftkit,bot etc affects JAG,so it would not be activated.
So there are still noobs to hack.

Gogetaa

HAAGENEES said:
Theres no way around. Plain and simple.

Only way is RAT them and wait till they go AFK or something for a bit and leave their computer on.

You can imitate their IP i just dont know how it works out the "device" maybe through mac address or something? If so then yeah, that would be the only way to hack someone using JAG

Pichu™ said:
a lot of people do not use the runescape site to login,so the device change of swiftkit,bot etc affects JAG,so it would not be activated.
So there are still noobs to hack.

a very good point, just need dem swiftkit/powerbot/RiD logs. Or even a slight change in technique could give us the leverage we need to hack all the Runescape client user base.

Apexis

So in a way things just got harder for the hackers, but in the long run it will be easier to secure a account if you want to keep it.

Gogetaa

Domcon said:
So in a way things just got harder for the hackers, but in the long run it will be easier to secure a account if you want to keep it.

Correct.

and if you think about it, if someone hasnt activated JAG and you do, AND have the origional owners ip (and are able to use it as your own) you can secure the account completely.

but this jag thing may put a stop to a number of hacks, i guess unless you got all the information required to get past it.

any thoughts on how to?

Apexis

gogeta said:
Domcon said:

Correct.

and if you think about it, if someone hasnt activated JAG and you do, AND have the origional owners ip (and are able to use it as your own) you can secure the account completely.

but this jag thing may put a stop to a number of hacks, i guess unless you got all the information required to get past it.

any thoughts on how to?

Best thing you can do is just got the guys full dox, get every piece of information and then proceed from there.

Zetryio

Onyx user!
Basic keyloggers are now useless for RS. I'm developing a tool to work around JAG.
Should be done in like 1-3 weeks maybe.

they make you set 5 questions and you have to enter 3 upon a new device so if they do type it in again theres a very slim chance u will get the 3 same questions :L

Flaming Turd

Onyx user!
idk about you guys but 1/100 accs i get has this shit lol.. who honestly remembers their recoveries they set?

Ironhide

Onyx user!
Very nice thread OP, To be honest, Jagex can put all these gay account securities in place - but I'm sure it will be forever possible to hack someones account to some degree .

Scenery

User is banned.
Enabled these on my accounts, figured when I added a DEVICE it'd let me login with that device from anywhere.

I forgot if I capitalized my answers correctly or not so I wasn't able to play all day. Damn fagex.