• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

FK's Highschool Career

Hope

Power member.
Cannabis said:
The school district I went to is run by monkeys with Down's Syndrome who assume that if you don't do your homework you can't possibly know anything you were taught in class. I refused to do homework on a matter of principle. Homework is a redundancy that irritates me to no end because it does nothing to show what you learned, only give you practice of what you already know. The time spent doing homework could be used to learn something I don't know already, not drilling something into my head that's already there.

If it's gonna get you somewhere like college. Take it lol. Still see no logic in your statement. Don't live for the moment, live for the long run

Joey

User is banned.
was a average student in highschool but couldn't afford college so i joined the military so i can make it somewhere in life :D

Tide

Onyx user!
Grades all depend on the high school you are in. Schools that care more about academics, or are near academic institutions that are high on the lists, tend to have harder curriculums compared to another school that has a higher dropout rate or whatever.

It's like comparing Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology (rated #3 of top high schools) to Compton High School which has a 27.4% of students who get scores above proficient which is a C, I'm assuming. The Compton school, because those schools get paid per student, would obviously teach easier courses and give better courses/curve scores so that students wouldnt drop out, whereas the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, would have harder courses, because a diploma from said high school would be looked upon as prestigious from a college recruiter.

Kids

Onyx user!
I'm in uni studying computer science. I did well in highschool.

Hope

Power member.
Hydralisk said:
Grades all depend on the high school you are in. Schools that care more about academics, or are near academic institutions that are high on the lists, tend to have harder curriculums compared to another school that has a higher dropout rate or whatever.

It's like comparing Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology (rated #3 of top high schools) to Compton High School which has a 27.4% of students who get scores above proficient which is a C, I'm assuming. The Compton school, because those schools get paid per student, would obviously teach easier courses and give better courses/curve scores so that students wouldnt drop out, whereas the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, would have harder courses, because a diploma from said high school would be looked upon as prestigious from a college recruiter.

I got to the best school in San Diego in academics so I take pride in my shit:p

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Hope said:
If it's gonna get you somewhere like college. Take it lol. Still see no logic in your statement. Don't live for the moment, live for the long run

You only ever experience the now. Never once have you been to the future nor have you traveled to the past.

JohnnyG

Cannabis said:
You only ever experience the now. Never once have you been to the future nor have you traveled to the past.

But the past is what creates your future.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
JohnnyG said:
But the past is what creates your future.

True and we can argue bullshit all day long but at the end of the day you only know now.

Hope

Power member.
Cannabis said:
True and we can argue bullshit all day long but at the end of the day you only know now.

Still against your statement for my example would work if you could afford college with good grades getting you into a college + commitment to whatever you want to be then that is obviously going to be successful. Being a shit your high school life just doesn't benefit you as would working hard would if you get where I am at.

Banned420Yolo

User is banned.
Just stating my opinion. A college degree doesn't necessarily mean you will be somebody or make a better living than someone who didn't go. I know people with 2-4 year degrees that can't find jobs and just have to sit at home searching all day while people with no degree make $15/hr. For example my mom makes $25/hr as a manager at DHL. She didn't go to college a single day of her life.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
Decoy said:
Just stating my opinion. A college degree doesn't necessarily mean you will be somebody or make a better living than someone who didn't go. I know people with 2-4 year degrees that can't find jobs and just have to sit at home searching all day while people with no degree make $15/hr. For example my mom makes $25/hr as a manager at DHL. She didn't go to college a single day of her life.

My point exactly. Right now I'm making more than my Dad is and he's got 2 Bachelor's degrees and a Master's and I work in a movie theater.