• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Finally bought my PC! Opinions?

Twelve

User is banned.
I just bought my computer. Let me know what you guys think. Just need it for editing, and recording mine craft/CS:GO

What do you guys think?

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=83-230-029

Type
Gaming & Entertainment
Usage
Consumer
Processor
AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz
Processor Main Features
64 bit 6-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
8MB L3 Cache
Memory
8 GB DDR3
Storage
1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM
Optical Drive
24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE
Graphics
AMD Radeon R7 360 2 GB
Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet
Power Supply
350W
Case
CYBERPOWERPC X-Titan 100 White Gaming Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Motherboard
Chipset
AMD 760G

CPU
CPU Type
AMD FX-Series
CPU Speed
FX-6300 (3.50GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU
8MB
CPU Main Features
64 bit 6-Core Processor

Graphics
GPU/VGA Type
AMD Radeon R7 360 2GB

Memory
Memory Capacity
8GB DDR3
Memory Spec
4GB x 2
Memory Slot (Total)
Maximum Memory Supported
16GB

Hard Drive
HDD
1TB
HDD Interface
SATA III
HDD RPM
7200rpm

Optical Drive
Optical Drive Type
DVD±RW
Optical Drive Spec
24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE

Communications
LAN Speed
10/100/1000Mbps

Front Panel Ports
Front USB
2 x USB 2.0
Front Audio Ports

Back Panel Ports
PS/2
Video Ports
1 VGA, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI
Rear USB
6 x USB 2.0
RJ45
1 port
Rear Audio Ports
3 ports

Expansion
PCI Slots (Available/Total)
1 PCI-E x16 (Gen 2) 1 PCI-E x1 (Gen 2, available) 1 PCI (available)

Mouse
Mouse Type
USB Gaming Mouse

Keyboard
Keyboard Type
USB Gaming Keyboard

Twelve

User is banned.
yungwilson said:
Verry nice send me your steam name fam

my steam name is "InvisibleFade"

Astro

User is banned.
I feel like low budget builds are a waste of time.

Raptor

Power member.
Astro said:
Agreed, and custom built are always > prebuilt.

Twelve

User is banned.
Astro said:

My birthday is in 2 months so I can upgrade what I need too

Astro

User is banned.
Twelve said:
My birthday is in 2 months so I can upgrade what I need too

But to upgrade you'd need to start over. That's why low budget builds are pointless, you end up spending more money long term.

glocktd

Astro said:
But to upgrade you'd need to start over. That's why low budget builds are pointless, you end up spending more money long term.

why would you need to start over? cant you just replace the parts with better ones?

Astro

User is banned.
stung said:
why would you need to start over? cant you just replace the parts with better ones?

Not really. Almost everything needs to on par for optimal performance, otherwise you encounter bottlenecks.

Daimi

User is banned.
Shit CPU on a dead socket, if you want to upgrade you're going to have to spend money on a new motherboard, and a new CPU of course.

This 3 year old HD 7950 I have laying around kicks the fuck out of that GPU, you'll probably be able to play on low-med settings at playable FPS, but with new games don't expect anything good.

Don't even know what PSU it is, but it probably is shit, so you'll need to toss that out as well when you upgrade.

Honestly, you disregarded everything about building your own, and you ended up wasting money.

Not trying to be a dick, just throwing out the facts here.

Also what @Astro was saying don't bother putting a newer GPU in that PC before a new CPU, that CPU you have right now will bottle neck it hard, and it won't be any better than before.

Twelve

User is banned.
Aimi said:
Shit CPU on a dead socket, if you want to upgrade you're going to have to spend money on a new motherboard, and a new CPU of course.

This 3 year old HD 7950 I have laying around kicks the fuck out of that GPU, you'll probably be able to play on low-med settings at playable FPS, but with new games don't expect anything good.

Don't even know what PSU it is, but it probably is shit, so you'll need to toss that out as well when you upgrade.

Honestly, you disregarded everything about building your own, and you ended up wasting money.

Not trying to be a dick, just throwing out the facts here.

Also what @Astro was saying don't bother putting a newer GPU in that PC before a new CPU, that CPU you have right now will bottle neck it hard, and it won't be any better than before.
Can't I just update the CPU and GPU later on and then it will be fine?

Twelve

User is banned.
Aimi said:
CPU first, but you need a new mother board when you do that, also you need to get a new PSU, as it has a really low wattage on it for one, and second, its probably low quality.
Yea, I'm thinking about getting a corsair PSU. And why would I need to switch the mother board?

Daimi

User is banned.
Twelve said:
Yea, I'm thinking about getting a corsair PSU. And why would I need to switch the mother board?

No no Corsair PSU's are poop, they use poop capacitors. Get a good seasonic unit or EVGA unit, let me know when you're searching.

Also, you need a new mother board because AMD has a different chipset, and if you were getting an i5 which I hope you do, they use different chipsets on the motherboard. Basically, it wouldnt fit.

Twelve

User is banned.
I'm just gonna roll with AMD for now and see how it goes. Eventually I might switch