• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Few questions :

Vic

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and I have some few questions about programming, 

Q1 : Should I study programming via internet or schools ?

Q2 : How much time do you need to learn the basics ?

Q3 : If you know an easy way to study programming please help me :)

GXR

Power member.
Bro my advice if you learned programming
School or internet with no practice you will not develop
So with practice you will become the best

Villy

Power member.
Q1: Both. If you love it enough, go to school for it and spend your free time practicing and learning new concepts.
It's a career path that requires a constant drive to improve in order to stay in the game.
I would recommend learning the basics via the internet/books before you commit to thousands of dollars for schooling as you may find you don't like it.
I was lucky enough to have been offered programming courses in high school so I had good teachers at a young age and it was absolutely free.

Q2: It really depends on who you are and what your past knowledge is. For some people it could take only a couple of weeks and for others it may take months.

Q3: There are some simple "Games" or software you can pick up that really help with learning the core concepts of programming.
The one we used in my first year of college (During an entry level course in first semmester) was called Game Maker. I think it's on Steam and also on their website.
I heard from a lot of the people who were brand new to coding, that they found what they learned from it seriously helped a lot when they started the real stuff like coding Java.

Mytho

Onyx user!
Q1 : If you have the option to take any programming classes at school, take them! It's good hands-on, 1-on-1 learning experience. Classes really kick start a programming career, as they teach the basic very well and allow the student to apply what they learned to other things.

Q2 : Time needed all depends on the dedication and person. If you really have your mind set on learning and failing every so often doesn't stop you, you'll only need a couple months until you've mastered the basics. You can sit there all day and study a programming language, but you really don't master it until you've put it into action over time and trained your mind with the memory needed.

Q3 : If you want to get into it right away ... check out codeaccademy. It will get you started, but I find it very difficult to learn with it. You can also go the the classics, and just pick up a good ol' book at the store! I find those very good to study with.