• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

DONT TRUST POWERBOT!!!

helsaber

Ok, this is my fucking third time posting about my account's password getting changed and it's narrowed down to me having NO rats, keylogs, ANYTHING. I was running Powerbot, the script "Nova Mine" all of a sudden i see Powerbot closed.. i go to log in because i knew something was up, password changed. i KNEW Powerbot couldn't be trusted, but i've used it since 09. i wonder if maybe its just the script/script writer..

Singer

Onyx user!
Can't be 'the script writer'.

You probably have a FUD RAT lying around somewhere.

Robbie

Onyx user!
Like singer said, it can't be the script writer.
You might want to search around your appdata and look for random EXEs.
Go through your processes end weird ones and go onto msconfig and turn everything off startup apart from your AntiVirus.

Pichu

Onyx user!
Ask Chewbaka for some help,get malwarebytes,torrent bitdefender.

Chewbaka

RSBot is safe. You have a RAT on your computer.

Download HijackThis
Scan and Save the log
Then send the Log to me.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
I'm pretty sure you have a rat in your pc.
Powerbot wouldn't close randonmly unless Java crashed or something like that, which is unlikely to happen.
If I were you, I wouldn't use an antivirus, I hate them, they try to delete the viruses but they just make things worse.
I recommend you going manually through folders like Application Data, Windows, System32 looking for weird exes, same with the Registry and Msconfig.

helsaber

Just did a HijackThis scan and sent Chewbaka the log. If it is a FUD Rat im kinda worried about my bank now..

Scenery

User is banned.
helsaber said:
Just did a HijackThis scan and sent Chewbaka the log. If it is a FUD Rat im kinda worried about my bank now..

Just change your password on a different PC.

Ben Hartley

i dont see how these bots are safe when third partys can write the script + submit.

Cant they just write a download & execute in java?? or does powerbot act as a sandbox / the code verified??

Adam

Onyx user!
Grigori Perelman said:
i dont see how these bots are safe when third partys can write the script + submit.

Cant they just write a download & execute in java?? or does powerbot act as a sandbox / the code verified??

The code is verified by the owners of Powerbot before it is added to the SDN. SDN stands for Script Distribution Network.

I just download the scripts myself through their forums. The scripts are open source and you can check through them for malicious lines of code.

I don't think Powerbot hacked you. The only time something went as bad to as what you've described, is when that greedy ghost kid hacked everyone. Don't worry though Mr.Su has a better staff now!

Scenery

User is banned.
One said:
Grigori Perelman said:

The code is verified by the owners of Powerbot before it is added to the SDN. SDN stands for Script Distribution Network.

There are some scripts you have to run in dev mode, although the staff already made a clear announcement to use those with caution.