• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Deuce's Tutorial to Removing Malware & Spyware, Computer Security and Internet Safety

Craig

User is banned.
RE: Deuce's Tutorial to Removing Malware & Spyware, Computer Security and Internet...

Fuck said:
Good fucking tut you award whore.

R.I.P. Man you will be missed :( ...

Damian

Power member.
Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys.

FTP

ForumKorner Supporter!
My cousin just got the dumb virus that fake c.i.a thing or whatever hopefully this will help. Thanks for the share

Damian

Power member.
RE: Deuce's Tutorial to Removing Malware & Spyware, Computer Security and Internet...

dui said:
My cousin just got the dumb virus that fake c.i.a thing or whatever hopefully this will help. Thanks for the share

There's actually a whole guide that м¢ℓσνιη made on that.
http://www.forumkorner.com/thread-54668.html

Aurа

Sanboxie currently have a 0-day exploit reported by IcYSeptember from HackForums. Do not use it on your host system but rather in a VM in order to stay safe.
Norton : Without even mentionning that Norton products aren't free, this company have the worst Antivirus products there is. Low detection ratio, uses a lot of resources, very bad technical/sales support, etc. If you are to use free Antiviruses, they only ones that are worth it right now are Avast!, Avira and Panda Cloud (if you have low resources).
Update : Don't only update your programs, update your Windows too. Security Updates are being released monthly for a reason. Along with that, update all your vulnerable programs like Adobe products, Java, Silverlight, etc. Or better, if you don't use them, uninstall them or disable them to be more secure.
SecuniaPSI : FileHippo Update Checker is also a good program.
Phising : It's Phishing*, typo there I guess.
Site Advisor : Would be a good idea to recommend one. WOT (Web of Trust) is an excellent one. Also, Trend Micro have a URL database where you can enter the URL of a website and it will give you more information about it, if it's malicious or not.
Keyscramblers : Kind of useless if you are dealing against a stealer, but always good to have. Some Antiviruses suite have one included, like Kaspersky Internet Security and +.
PUPs : An infected download isn't a PUP. PUP are usually programs that are bundled with freewares or open-source programs and that are included in an installation from a massive download website like CNET, Softpedia, etc. These programs can be removed during the installation when you pick the "Custom" installation mode and uncheck them. You can also uninstall them safely after.
System Restore : NEVER, EVER do a System Restore when you are infected. We don't know if the Restore Points are infected and it could just make the situation worst and even make the system unbootable. When you deal against a malware and successfully clean it, the first thing to do is to purge ALL your precedent Restore Points and create a new fresh one.

That would be my corrections for now.

Damian

Power member.

Aurа said:
Sanboxie currently have a 0-day exploit reported by IcYSeptember from HackForums. Do not use it on your host system but rather in a VM in order to stay safe.
Norton : Without even mentionning that Norton products aren't free, this company have the worst Antivirus products there is. Low detection ratio, uses a lot of resources, very bad technical/sales support, etc. If you are to use free Antiviruses, they only ones that are worth it right now are Avast!, Avira and Panda Cloud (if you have low resources).
Update : Don't only update your programs, update your Windows too. Security Updates are being released monthly for a reason. Along with that, update all your vulnerable programs like Adobe products, Java, Silverlight, etc. Or better, if you don't use them, uninstall them or disable them to be more secure.
SecuniaPSI : FileHippo Update Checker is also a good program.
Phising : It's Phishing*, typo there I guess.
Site Advisor : Would be a good idea to recommend one. WOT (Web of Trust) is an excellent one. Also, Trend Micro have a URL database where you can enter the URL of a website and it will give you more information about it, if it's malicious or not.
Keyscramblers : Kind of useless if you are dealing against a stealer, but always good to have. Some Antiviruses suite have one included, like Kaspersky Internet Security and +.
PUPs : An infected download isn't a PUP. PUP are usually programs that are bundled with freewares or open-source programs and that are included in an installation from a massive download website like CNET, Softpedia, etc. These programs can be removed during the installation when you pick the "Custom" installation mode and uncheck them. You can also uninstall them safely after.
System Restore : NEVER, EVER do a System Restore when you are infected. We don't know if the Restore Points are infected and it could just make the situation worst and even make the system unbootable. When you deal against a malware and successfully clean it, the first thing to do is to purge ALL your precedent Restore Points and create a new fresh one.

That would be my corrections for now.

This was ages ago. :c
I have learned now senpai, believe me.

Aurа

Damian said:
This was ages ago. :c
I have learned now senpai, believe me.

This section is inactive so I might post on outdated thread, but the information I gave is still valid and some of yours is still too so if you want to update that thread, feel free to do so I guess.