• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Design & styling services by Johnny_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_S

Power member.
I'm providing following services:

MyBB related:

• Custom MyBB themes
  • PSD mockups -> MyBB themes
  • Other forum software themes (Vb, SMF, IPB, Xenforo) -> MyBB *
  • Fixing validation errors
  • Implementing various features (color switchers, color pickers, width changer, sidebar...)

* - depends on particular theme license

Plain HTML pages

• PSD Mockups -> HTML page(s)

Price: depends on ordered service(s) and amount of work, drop me a pm for estimated price.

Price for MyBB themes stars from 50 USD (i'm not doing simple color edits, header / footer / forumdisplay / index / usercp / reg.page / profile page/ text editor / new thread / reply pages also included).

Previous work (MyBB related):

Infinity theme - http://i.imgur.com/edurmje.png

Mobile theme(s)

WordPress -> MyBB forum - http://i.imgur.com/9Wc5hVq.jpg

Testimonials and feedback regarding my past work (- mybb community forums) - http://community.mybb.com/thread-130353.html .

I'm only interested in working with serious people, if you are going to waste my time (with stalling, frauds, chargebacks or ANY kind of action that shows that you are unreliable person) then please ignore this thread and find someone else to bother.

Vouches

TaylorCTU said:
Vouch for Johnny S he did a great job on my theme.

Dissociation said:
Just ordered a theme from him and looking forward to the end result. Vouch for Johnny S. Likely one of the best designers out there.

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Vouch for Johnny. This is a great service indeed.

Johnny_S

Power member.
Sherlock Holmes said:
Vouch for Johnny. This is a great service indeed.

Thanks for the vouch Jimmy.

Hollywood said:
Holy shit, you made the legendary dark theme? That's amazing dude.

Thanks. If you are talking about FK dark theme then yes.

Sanctuary

User is banned.
What I don't really like about your services (or anyone at Demonate's services) is that you guys recycle your custom designs you make for your customers. (E.G. - The ForumKorner theme is pretty much the AwardForums theme with a few edits here and there.)

I don't know if you ask their permission, or if they allow you to do that, or whatever, but I don't like the idea of that. I consider it being lazy, and if I were to purchase a theme from you guys, I'd want to be the only person to be sold that design, or any design similar.
Some of the designs are great though.

Johnny_S

Power member.
Sanctuary said:
What I don't really like about your services (or anyone at Demonate's services) is that you guys recycle your custom designs you make for your customers. (E.G. - The ForumKorner theme is pretty much the AwardForums theme with a few edits here and there.).

I don't know if they allow you ask their permission, or if they allow you to do that, or whatever, but I don't like the idea of that. I consider it being lazy, and if I were to purchase a theme from you guys, I'd want to be the only person to be sold that design, or any design similar.
Some of the designs are great though.

Speaking about myself, AW style header (logo, navigation and panel) was one of the most wanted designs before few months and almost every customer wanted similar look that AW had. I spent hours talking to clients to drop that demand, it defeats the purpose of a unique custom theme, but no luck. Some common elements (like UserCP sidebar, registration page, showthread) where built from my skeleton theme. Last few months i didn't accept any requests that had AW header / navigation / panel style included (and nor do i plan to).

As for FK, Philly wanted AW-like navigation and panel with edits (one panel block, dark color scheme is spanned from #3a3a3a, #252525, #494949, #121212 and #00000 hex color codes and maybe it looks similar color vise). Some common elements (like Reg. page, UCP sidebar, showthread) are from base theme that was used like a skeleton. Regarding other sites that are using AW theme (or recolors, or any other elements), i would put my money on ripped version of that theme.

As for my own work (not custom orders), i have a habbit stripping every theme apart (along with css) and start from strach (you can look at Dev, Tetra, Twist-SD and MetroStyle themes, almost 80% of visual look and code is revamped).

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Well, I can say Johnny's actually the only one in Demonate who designs with love and passion. That's what makes a designer dedicated, unlike the others at Demonate, who're too rude on issues.

Chrisu

Just ordered a theme from him and looking forward to the end result. Vouch for Johnny S. Likely one of the best designers out there.

Johnny_S

Power member.
Dissociation said:

Thank you for your vouch. Theme delivered. First post is updated with new work.

Johnny_S

Power member.
Bump. After some delay i'm taking custom theme requests again (with potential clients i'm always discussing all theme details [color scheme, features, various area revamps]).

Vipr

HUGE Vouch for this guy - Designed me theme. Couldn't be happier with it. Keep up the awesome work Johnny!

Status
Not open for further replies.