• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Death penalty

BabyGirl

Do you guys think that the death penalty is something that should be allowed.?

Patelpb

Onyx user!
At the moment? No. It's far too laborious and expensive of a process to justify its own use. Not to mention that even the slightest possibility that people can wrongly be convicted and given the death penalty is enough of a deterrence (to me) to say that the death penalty should not be allowed as is.

I mean, look at this shit: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/causes-wrongful-convictions

I understand why someone would want to use the death penalty. It's no different than putting down a rabid dog. You get rid of the cancer of society and hope to better it as a whole - the sentiment behind it is agreeable but the methods and means of punishment are not reliable. Thus, I think that the death penalty is morally acceptable... but functionally inadequate at this time. Due to its inadequacy, it should not be allowed. Sentence these people mutliple life sentences in prison. This gives a chance to the innocent and restriction for life for convicts.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Patelpb said:
At the moment? No. It's far too laborious and expensive of a process to justify its own use. Not to mention that even the slightest possibility that people can wrongly be convicted and given the death penalty is enough of a deterrence (to me) to say that the death penalty should not be allowed as is.

I mean, look at this shit: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/causes-wrongful-convictions

I understand why someone would want to use the death penalty. It's no different than putting down a rabid dog. You get rid of the cancer of society and hope to better it as a whole - the sentiment behind it is agreeable but the methods and means of punishment are not reliable. Thus, I think that the death penalty is morally acceptable... but functionally inadequate at this time. Due to its inadequacy, it should not be allowed. Sentence these people mutliple life sentences in prison. This gives a chance to the innocent and restriction for life for convicts.
Ok

Ambien

coltie2 said:
For your information I was letting this fellow user know that I have reviewed his argument and I said ok to show my presence.

FYI, I said my response to let you know of my presence on your response.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
I think the death penalty is bad sometimes. Sometimes I think the death penalty is good. It depends on stuff. Sometimes depending on the stuff it can make a difference. Sometimes depending on other stuff it's a bad difference. You know @ambien? What are your thoughts. I would like to know what's deep inside your mind about this subject presented to us today here on FK.

Package

It's easy to make a mistake and give the death penalty to somebody who didn't commit that crime

so no

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Package said:
It's easy to make a mistake and give the death penalty to somebody who didn't commit that crime

so no
That is a great way to think about it! I honestly have never thought about it like that before. On a serious note.

Package

coltie2 said:
That is a great way to think about it! I honestly have never thought about it like that before. On a serious note.

pretty sure i read something awhile back about two people getting the death sentence, than 40 years later the judges and shit found out they didn't commit that crime

thats why i think its a horrible idea to have such a thing in place, since human error can affect the outcome

Ambien

coltie2 said:
I think the death penalty is bad sometimes. Sometimes I think the death penalty is good. It depends on stuff. Sometimes depending on the stuff it can make a difference. Sometimes depending on other stuff it's a bad difference. You know @ambien? What are your thoughts. I would like to know what's deep inside your mind about this subject presented to us today here on FK.

The death penalty shouldn't be given until a full on proper investigation is given, there has been to many people who have died innocently, like decades after there death has been given new evidence comes out that proves that person wasn't the one who committed such crime.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Ambien said:
The death penalty shouldn't be given until a full on proper investigation is given, there has been to many people who have died innocently, like decades after there death has been given new evidence comes out that proves that person wasn't the one who committed such crime.

Oh, ok

Heart-

I'm not a fan of it, I'd ran have them rot in a room for the rest of there lives, 23 hours a day.

Devil

Keep in mind it costs a shit ton of money to keep a prisoner in jail for life.

Give them the chair, and the US saves a lot of money.

smalls

Power member.
I think its easier to make the death penalty, but if you want real "punishment" you have to keep them in jail.

However, this makes it extremely hard for the state to pay for EVERYONE

I believe if possible, keep them in jail.
If not, kill them.
Simple really.

JWS

Onyx user!
I definitely don't agree with the death penalty. You shouldn't be able to take someone's life away, even if the person is a murderer, what makes the police be able to take the persons life away?