• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Cyberbullying. Really an issue?

Is cyber-bullying really an issue?

• Total voters

Flippy

I personally think that this is an issue but it shouldn't be. Not that people shouldn't call other people names over the internet but I can never imagine myself getting upset about being called a "faggot" or told to "kys" over the internet, it just doesn't affect me and I don't see why it affects others.

Jukebox

Power member.
I believe it's an issue. Strongly, actually. I have been cyberbullied constantly for about 5 years now, and it's almost like a nagging sensation that never goes away. I was promiscuous when I was about 11-13, and I did things on cam for guys. Of course, that didn't turn out well, and I've had videos and pictures of me leaked numerous times. You may be thinking, well why not just get off the internet? It's a lot more than that. Cyberbullying sparks an even bigger problem. I became depressed, had to go to court because of the bullies, and people at school eventually started seeing what was going on. I started getting bullied in person, and that made it even worse. It transpired from cyberbullying. You can't say to someone, "block them", or "get off the internet", because when you've been doxed it's not that easy. They suddenly know everything about you.. And when they message your mom on Facebook? There is NO escape from that. Absolutely no escape. They find a way around the barriers, to make your life a living hell. Now, I realize what I did at a younger age was very wrong, but it was a lesson learned for me. So yes, in my eyes, cyberbullying does exist, and it is indeed a very big issue in today's society.

Cann!bal

Power member.
People clearly self-harm and even kill themselves over this shit. Just because there's ways to stop and prevent it doesn't mean it's not an issue, you stupid fucking fags.

Name

Power member.
Jukebox said:
I believe it's an issue. Strongly, actually. I have been cyberbullied constantly for about 5 years now, and it's almost like a nagging sensation that never goes away. I was promiscuous when I was about 11-13, and I did things on cam for guys. Of course, that didn't turn out well, and I've had videos and pictures of me leaked numerous times. You may be thinking, well why not just get off the internet? It's a lot more than that. Cyberbullying sparks an even bigger problem. I became depressed, had to go to court because of the bullies, and people at school eventually started seeing what was going on. I started getting bullied in person, and that made it even worse. It transpired from cyberbullying. You can't say to someone, "block them", or "get off the internet", because when you've been doxed it's not that easy. They suddenly know everything about you.. And when they message your mom on Facebook? There is NO escape from that. Absolutely no escape. They find a way around the barriers, to make your life a living hell. Now, I realize what I did at a younger age was very wrong, but it was a lesson learned for me. So yes, in my eyes, cyberbullying does exist, and it is indeed a very big issue in today's society.

I am so sorry to hear this. That is terrible. I am starting to change my outlook on the issue because of this. I wish you the best of luck for the years to come.

Jukebox

Power member.
Name said:
I am so sorry to hear this. That is terrible. I am starting to change my outlook on the issue because of this. I wish you the best of luck for the years to come.

Thank you. I am glad that my response got to someone at least. I appreciate the fact that you can look at it from two perspectives.

Citrus

User is banned.
I believe that this is not only an issue but a growing one. Cyberbullying effects not only the victim but the people around the victim. It just gives bad vibes. The internet should be a clean and fun environment for everyone.

Gold

the way i see cyber bullying is if you're taking what some random person says too seriously then you're pretty stupid (seems harsh but that's my opinion)

i only really take what people in my family or close friends say seriously couldn't care less what some random person has said about me

Gen

User is banned.
In my opinion you're stupid as fuck if you allow yourself to be cyber-bullied, just turn off your shit and go outside.

Cynn

Onyx user!
Alaska said:
In my opinion you're stupid as fuck if you allow yourself to be cyber-bullied, just turn off your shit and go outside.

Looks like you beat me to it. I was about to say the same thing.

Night

Personally, I don't think it's a big issue, as they did invent this amazing thing called a power button that allows you to turn your shit off. I suppose, however, that the argument could be made that if you know people are talking shit about you, it's going to feel bad, and you will be sad. But it would be bad in real life too, and in real life, you can't just block them, turn off your computer, or, as Tyler, The Creator said, "Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha". So in my opinion, no. Cyber bullying really isn't that big of an issue in this day and age.

47th

eViL
It depends on your definition of "cyber bullying" you gotta understand its not just the person being a dick to you, the person could exploit you in ways you couldnt stop and bully you that way.

Magnificent

i dont even get cyber-bullied

i get bullied irl even tho it doesnt really bother me unless I think about it.