• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... Last night I went to processes because my computer running super slow. (I have $2k+ gaming computer)
I found that there was a virus, I ran several scans with different kinds of protection. I believe I have removed it because my computer seems a little closer to normal. Now... When I try to load a web page or watch a youtube video it won't load or takes much longer then usual. I just feel as though it is acting very weird.

I realize that this section is mostly dead and not many people will have any idea what to do but I am considering restoring my computer even though that is the last thing I want to do. 

If you have any questions about my problem or if you can help me at all let me know.

αяυη

Power member.
Chapter said:
Well... Last night I went to processes because my computer running super slow. (I have $2k+ gaming computer)
I found that there was a virus, I ran several scans with different kinds of protection. I believe I have removed it because my computer seems a little closer to normal. Now... When I try to load a web page or watch a youtube video it won't load or takes much longer then usual. I just feel as though it is acting very weird.
I realize that this section is mostly dead and not many people will have any idea what to do but I am considering restoring my computer even though that is the last thing I want to do. 
If you have any questions about my problem or if you can help me at all let me know.
If you are on Windows I recommend you use the Microsoft Security Scanner. I'm not really an expert on virus removal, but have some knowledge. If your virus protection can't find it then you'll need to dig a little deeper. You could try putting your PC into Safe Mode and then seeing if you can find anything then.
Shouldn't contemplate restoring unless you can't actually do anything to resolve the issue / it's corrupting your data.
Anyhow if this doesn't help then @"Aurа" will probably have better advice.

Hobbs said:
If you are on Windows I recommend you use the Microsoft Security Scanner. I'm not really an expert on virus removal, but have some knowledge. If your virus protection can't find it then you'll need to dig a little deeper. You could try putting your PC into Safe Mode and then seeing if you can find anything then.
Shouldn't contemplate restoring unless you can't actually do anything to resolve the issue / it's corrupting your data.
Anyhow if this doesn't help then @"Aurа" will probably have better advice.

Yeah I have windows 7, I have some experience with this and I believe the virus is removed but my computer is just acting very weird. I moved all of my important stuff to a external hard drive and I think I might just restore ti stop the problems. I am not sure how to explain it or what it could possibly be.

αяυη

Power member.
Chapter said:
Yeah I have windows 7, I have some experience with this and I believe the virus is removed but my computer is just acting very weird. I moved all of my important stuff to a external hard drive and I think I might just restore ti stop the problems. I am not sure how to explain it or what it could possibly be.

Weird.. I'm sure someone else would be able to help, but if you can't wait or you are impatient it's up to you if you want to restore..
At least you have knowledge of it.

Aurа

I usually never check that forum but anyway. Please download and execute MiniToolBox. Check the options below and click on Go.
cxdfAR9.png

Once done, Pastebin the log and post it here.

Aurа

chapter said:

Sorry for the late reply. Do the following:
  • Uninstall Adobe AIR - Outdated;
  • Uninstall Adobe Flash Player 14 ActiveX - Outdated;
  • Uninstall AIM for Windows - If you don't use it;
  • Uninstall Download Updater (AOL. Inc) - If you uninstall AIM;
  • Uninstall Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer - Useless;
  • Uninstall Java 7 Update 45 (64-bits) - Outdated.
  • Uninstall Java 7 Update 71;
  • Update Malwarebytes;
  • Uninstall Pando Media Booster;
  • Uninstall QuickTime 7;
  • Update Sandboxie;
  • Uninstall Skype Click to Call;
  • Update Skype;

Status
Not open for further replies.