• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Computer is Slow when Gaming + Recording, getting the most out of it?

Chronos

User is banned.
I just recently restored my Laptop to factory defaults. I'm hoping to record some pretty old-era games (2005 and behind). Playing them it's pretty much perfect at 60 FPS besides the usual drop in frames. When recording with Fraps/PlayClaw I usually drop it down to 30 FPS for playing and recording, however there's is a noticeable lag and horrible audio delay and such. I also have a good amount of problems when playing MC, even on some slow settings.

Specs -

Processor - AMD A8-3520M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 6.8

RAM - 6.00 GB

Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6620G

HDD - 502GB Free (570GB Total)

If you need any other specs just let me know. Basically though what I'm looking for is some tips on how to get the most out of my Laptop and push it to the best it can do, whether it be removing programs, adding them, etc. Any tips on how I can push it to it's limits?

м¢ℓσνιη

Have you tried CCleaner again? If so did that help last time?

Chronos

User is banned.
McLovin said:
Have you tried CCleaner again? If so did that help last time?

Haven't tried that. It's not that my PC is slower than normal, it more or less that I want to push it past its norm.

м¢ℓσνιη

Have you cleared where the flow goes in and out of the laptop, meaning where the fan is is there any dust there?

Nyan

What kind of recording software are you using?
If you're using fraps to record a memory intensive game with 6 gigs of RAM, you might still lag.​