• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

CnC thread.

EFG

Before considering posting in the thread, I really advise you to check out WhyFish's excellent sticky on CnC. Please don't post if you don't want negative feedback.

I made this thread so that people could easily get quality CnC, tips on how to improve and just general advice without having to make whole new threads and such. If you've made a new signature and would like it to get checked out, then post it here and I'll reply asap with a detailed evaluation, something that will look like this:

Normal GFX signatures:

Appeal:
Execution:
Comments:
Tips to improve:

Text/design signatures:

Execution:
Design originality:
Quality:
Tips to improve:

So that's more or less it. Have a go, post your sigs, work hard and get better!

WhyFish

Glad someone appreciated my CnC thread;

Anyway, I guess I'll get you started then mate.

2ntv1c5.jpg

Gogo.

EFG

Appeal: This is a really excellent signature, with great colours, composition and appeal. While simple and uncomplicated, it has a calm atmosphere about it and really does look nice; I'd say this is definitely one of your best looking. The only shabby part of this smudge sig is the text, and while it does knock the sig of its feet a little, it's not too bad and can be easily fixed.

Execution: I'll be honest here; this is one of the best smudges I've seen. I can't call it unique, but it's definitely turned out great; the smudge and colours are just right. The only slightly uncertain bits of the sig is that it's a little oversharpened and as mentioned before, the text is a little off.

Comments: Can't say more than I have already. You're improving at tremendous paces, and while your style isn't original or unique, your signatures are coming out very nice looking and appealing. This is definitely the best I've seen from you yet.

Tips to improve:Keep working on your text... look up as many text tutorials as you can, and regularly get new fonts and experiment with them. Also, slowly start tearing away from the conventional signature styles and explore on your own with handmade vectors, serious photomanipulations and just plain abstract pieces.

Rank:High Novice; as soon as you develop a certain 'style' that is both unique and appealing, you'll break through into the ranks of moderate =]

Vertigo

Could use some good c&c...

NOTE: I made this signature awhile back, but recently went back and just editted gradient maps.

Giveawayspidey0.png

EFG

Appeal: While effects, depth, composition, and (if you beleive in it) flow are generally good in this piece, overall it's a little to chaotic and the colours are a little heavy on the eyes. This signature is certainly well made - however, it doesn't look as good asit should.

Execution: The sig is pretty well composed, elements come together to give it a raw feel and the render, background and effects blend pretty flawlessly. The text however is pretty bad - try moving it awayonto the cleaner left side of the sig, and changing it to a white, tall sans serif font. Experiment with different types of fonts until you get what you like.

Comments: Overall, it's a decent sig that has potential and still needs to be tweaked to let it reach its best.

Tips to improve: Work on colours alot, try channel mixers and selective colour layers, or multiple gradient maps. Also work on the text - there's way more to it than just placement and font. As suggested before have a look at signature text tutorials out there. Also, try going over old signature PSD's trying to improve text there - soon enough it will definitely get better ;)

Rank: Moderate novice... you haven't got long to go until high novice ;)

Vertigo

efg i made that sig like two or three months ago XD

Rate this one plz? Its my newest.

executionbuffguy0-1.png

WhyFish

Thanks vertigo,

@EFG, After reading your previous comment I have come to the decision that I'll remove this one and replace it when I fix it up lots. You would be severely disappointed should you see it, lolol.

-Reserved for the next CnC.

Vertigo

I'll try this one!

Appeal: You've gone sour on your smudging. These colors go ok, but the black is strange and just gives it a weird feeling of dead space. The smudge is messy and out of order, lacks depth and basic flow. Your last was certainly a lot better.
Execution: It seems like you wanted to recreate a signature as good as your other smudge. One of the big differences is that you smudged too much of the render, and then sharpened the render too much. The smudges in the black area seem low quality, and it all needs improvement.
Comments: The way it is cropped is really awkward.
Tips to improve: Work on your flow and depth a lot. Don't be afraid to try new effects and work on the placement and cropping of the signature
Rank: I would say low novice, but I'm sure EFG will give you a more accurate rank