• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

ChromeOS?

Hurt

Anyone ever tried it, or use it frequently?

There are quite a few computers sporting the ChromeOS now, such as the Asus Chromebox, Chromebook Pixel, etc.
Some of the computers are neat, and the ChromeOS is rather cheap so it would be a decent computer if you don't do much on the computer.

The Chromebook Pixel has a beautiful display, it's just a shame it's running ChromeOS. I'm sure you could get linux on there or something, which would make it more usable.

I've never used the ChromeOS, but I'd like to try it out. It could be neat if you used it in combination with Chrome on your phone, and on your main computer.

Cred

I don't really like chromebooks. You can't do anything on it but browse the internet. I also dont like it since we use it in school everyday. I also dont think you can install Linux on it since all the computer memory is on the cloud

Hurt

Cred said:
I don't really like chromebooks. You can't do anything on it but browse the internet. I also dont like it since we use it in school everyday. I also dont think you can install Linux on it since all the computer memory is on the cloud

Ahh, the OS seems interesting and it's definitely gotten better since the start, but I would only consider it for a secondary computer, just to browse the internet when my main computer is doing something important or intense.

I believe every computer running the ChromeOS has a 16GB SSD, and you can usually expand with an SD card.

Yuuki

Or.. You could just stick to windows.. Like any other human being..

tattoo

User is banned.
I had/have a chromebook and its complete aids. No freedom whatsoever, just like mac used to be. Hell, you can't even get skype on it.