• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Call of Duty Call of Duty: Black Ops Review.

JeterFan428

Table of Contents:
I. Introduction
II. What is Call of Duty: Black ops?
III. Campaign.
IV. Multiplayer
V. Wager Matches
VI. Likes
VII. Dislikes

Overall rating: 8/10

I. Well, I have Black Ops pre-ordered (but my mom had it shipped to our house so it won't be here for a few days. Anyways, I went to my friends house yesterday and played it all day.

II. Call of Duty: Black Ops is a video game in the Call of Duty Series (obviously). It is made by Treyarch, who of which made Call of Duty: World at War. In the Black Ops campaign forces fight in the deniable operations and secret wars that occurred under the veil of the Cold War.

III. In my whole day of playing Black Ops, I only got to the 2nd level in campaign. ( We were mostly playing multiplayer.) The campaign is pretty nice. In the whole 2 levels I got to it looks like the story line is pretty good. Also Treyarch brought back some old characters from World at War. If any of you played the World at War campaign you might know who Reznov is, for those of you who don't know, Viktor Reznov was a Russian squad leader of the Red Army in Call of Duty: World at War during World War II. Well they brought him back and put him in Black Ops, which I personally thought was cool. So all-in-all the campaign looks pretty good.

IV. Ahhhhh, now we get to the multiplayer. Treyarch brought a new thing into Call of Duty: Black Ops, it's called CoD Points. What CoD points are is points that you can use to buy attachments, perks, backgrounds, and pictures for your Callsign. I think that was a good idea. Treyarch also brought in new game-modes called Wager Matchs. What Wager Matchs are is matches where you can either lose CoD Points, or win CoD Points. If you win, you win CoD Points, if you lose, CoD Points. Those game modes are really fun. ( I personally prefer them over the normal game modes.) I will list those game modes later in a later section. Now in Black Ops you can customize your soldier with a variety of face paints, camos, and equipment options.

V. If you read section IV you would have seen that I talked about Wager Matches. If you don't know what Wager Matches are, go read IV. Here are the wager match types and a little explanation.

One in The Chamer: You have a pistol with 1 round. The game is a 1- hit kill meaning you shoot someone with one bullet and they die. Every player has 3 lives. If you knife someone in One in The Chamber, you get an extra bullet. The object of the game mode is to be last alive.

Sticks and Stones: In sticks and stones you have 3 weapons. The Crossbow, the ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk (like a throwing knife.
The way you win Sticks and Stones is by having the most points when the game ends, but if someone kills you with a tomahawk, you lose all your points. That's what I like about this game mode, things can change in seconds. You can go from being in last to being in first or vise versa.

Gun Game: The object of this game mode is to get through all 20 weapons before everyone else. What you do is, everyone starts off with a pistol and when you kill someone with that you get a better gun, then when you kill someone with that you get a better gun, and it keeps going like that.

Sharpshooter: Sharpshooter is just a game where you start off with a random weapon and every 45 seconds it switches everyones weapon to a random weapon.

VI.
CoD Points - I think this was a reall good idea by Treyarch
2 Player Online - 2 people can play like split screen, but you're online
Gold camo - You can get gold camo for a lot of guns.
Guns are balanced - Most of the guns are even in power.

VII.
No quick scoping - Treyarch took quick scoping out because it's "cheap"
Host migration - They said they were going to have dedicated servers.

Evilmaster09

There are dedicated servers for pc, not for console and they never said they would, and quickscoping was sh*t anyway, but nice review.

JeterFan428

There are dedicated servers for pc, not for console and they never said they would, and quickscoping was sh*t anyway, but nice review.

When I asked them, they told me there would be dedicated servers for console, and pc. Also quickscoping was good if you were good at it.

Evilmaster09

Thats complete bull, COD won't have dedicateds for console any time soon, i HIGHLY doubt they said that.

JeterFan428

Thats complete bull, COD won't have dedicateds for console any time soon, i HIGHLY doubt they said that.

Yeah CoD is complete bull, they lie about everything. Why would I lie about them saying that? What would I get out of that?

Alex H.

Nope they wont im using xbox on cod and all i see is lag the user is the host and its pritty much the same bs as any other cod but then again its better than modern warfare 2..

JeterFan428

Nope they wont im using xbox on cod and all i see is lag the user is the host and its pritty much the same bs as any other cod but then again its better than modern warfare 2..

Yeah, Treyarch = liars.

Evilmaster09

Treyarch would never promise dedis for consoles, its most likely a typo or you misunderstood. Treyarch is a good company who listen to the community, its gonna have bugs on the first few days.

LMCampbell

User is banned.
I advise you link details of them saying they'll have dedicated servers on the Console.
I consider it inappropriate to post saying their liers when you haven't posted proof.
Most likely they stated they'll have dedicated servers meaning only the PC.
If you take it the wrong way it's not their problem.

JeterFan428

Treyarch would never promise dedis for consoles, its most likely a typo or you misunderstood. Treyarch is a good company who listen to the community, its gonna have bugs on the first few days.

I advise you link details of them saying they'll have dedicated servers on the Console.
I consider it inappropriate to post saying their liers when you haven't posted proof.
Most likely they stated they'll have dedicated servers meaning only the PC.
If you take it the wrong way it's not their problem.

I don't have proof. I was bored one day and was wondering about Black Ops (Note: This WAS early on, so they might have been thinking about it, but decided not to) so I CALLED them and was asking them a bunch of questions. There was no misunderstanding I specifically said "So are you going to do something about the host migration on PS3 and Xbox?" then he started talking about dedicated servers. There was no misunderstanding.

LMCampbell

User is banned.
Consider this was some low paid receptionist (or whatever) I don't really think you can call that Treyarch saying it. You should check the site about it. That's the best place to get all the right info.

JeterFan428

Consider this was some low paid receptionist (or whatever) I don't really think you can call that Treyarch saying it. You should check the site about it. That's the best place to get all the right info.

I also emailed them about some things before, but those are 1000 emails ago and im not going to go digging for it. Anyways all I know is they told me there were going to be dedis.

Evilmaster09

Perhaps they were trying to boost sales, they were trying to break a record or something were they not?

JeterFan428

Perhaps they were trying to boost sales, they were trying to break a record or something were they not?

Probably, I don't really mind though, because it's a pretty good game anyway.

.D0T

It has pretty much been confirmed that dedicated servers are coming to PS3 and 360, apparently Gears of War 3 will features Dedi's. Possibly future CoD games will also.

Evilmaster09

Personally, I don't care, although wasn't the reason MW2 didn't include dedis that people had trouble joining them etc?