• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Botting on a Macbook [LF Help]

Bcg

Onyx user!
So I normally play on my PC, however it's in the shop getting some repairs and some upgrades at the moment. :)

All this wasted time where I could still be botting on my macbook pro...

I've looking into Epicbot (downloaded and followed the tutorial on their forums) but it wont run for some reason, it pops up on the bar like it's about to open, then closes itself and doesn't run.

Has anyone been through this situation that could give me a hand? I wouldn't mind trying another bot out, if it works on a mac.

Any insight or direction is much appreciated! Just looking for a temporary fix while my PC gets enhanced.

-Bcg

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

EpicBot is a .exe extension, it can only be ran in PCs. You might be able to Wine Bottle it, but I'm pretty sure it will fail because of other dependencies.
I'd recommend you using Powerbot (RSBot), it can be ran in any OS that has java installed.

Bcg

Onyx user!
SD8Z said:
1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

EpicBot is a .exe extension, it can only be ran in PCs. You might be able to Wine Bottle it, but I'm pretty sure it will fail because of other dependencies.
I'd recommend you using Powerbot (RSBot), it can be ran in any OS that has java installed.

That makes sense. I'll give Powerbot a try- it's trusted, right?

Thanks a lot for the help!

-Bcg

Deception

Onyx user!
Bcg said:
That makes sense. I'll give Powerbot a try- it's trusted, right?

Thanks a lot for the help!

-Bcg

The question is, is it even out yet? And if it is, it should be.... For now.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
Deception said:
The question is, is it even out yet? And if it is, it should be.... For now.

Yes, Powerbot is out, the version right now is 4003.
Trusted? I don't know, but there's only one public script right now, chicken killer.

Bcg

Onyx user!
Thanks everyone for the replies.. So yeah, I'm just borrowing (stealing >:0) my girlfriends pc to bot with until mine is ready at the shop. lol.

I don't feel like messing with my Macbook Pro.. That thing gives me a headache!

Thanks again!

-Bcg

Ven0m

Onyx user!
Bcg said:
Thanks everyone for the replies.. So yeah, I'm just borrowing (stealing >:0) my girlfriends pc to bot with until mine is ready at the shop. lol.

I don't feel like messing with my Macbook Pro.. That thing gives me a headache!

Thanks again!

-Bcg

Lol. Are you serious? Borrowing your gf's pc so you can bot runescape? Does she know what your doing on it?

~Ven0m

Bcg

Onyx user!
Ven0m said:
Lol. Are you serious? Borrowing your gf's pc so you can bot runescape? Does she know what your doing on it?

~Ven0m

Not serious. A few more days without botting will be good for my accounts.

x)

-Bcg

Rarity

Onyx user!
I have a mac, and I have the same problem as you dude, I would just let it go, use powerbot as for when it will come out, hopefully shortly, need devs to start makin scripts and such.

jhondoe

I have a mac and i got epic bot to work make sure download the right version. Only thing is you have to watch it because it fails some random events but it logs you out so you dont get a ban.

Bcg

Onyx user!
jhondoe said:
I have a mac and i got epic bot to work make sure download the right version. Only thing is you have to watch it because it fails some random events but it logs you out so you dont get a ban.

Hmm, I'll give it another try, thanks for the update.

And just fyi... epicbot free scripts fail on randoms for PC too.. I have to babysit mine when I bot.

Wicked Arrow

i am botting now and i am on a macbook, just download the linux one and run it on your macbook

Bcg

Onyx user!
Wicked Arrow said:
i am botting now and i am on a macbook, just download the linux one and run it on your macbook

Thanks for the response, mate. I have my PC back now, though. No need to worry about botting on the Mac.

Thanks again,

Bcg