• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Biology Project (help)

Seven

User is banned.
Can anyone do this for free, or paid? I need someone who is actually good at Biology. Thanks.
1) What is the name of your disease/disorder?
Fragile X
5) Is it a chromosomal or single gene mutation? Which chromosome or gene is affected? Describe the type of mutation that causes this disorder?
Above is the only question I have left.

Joy

Power member.
Holy shit, I remember doing a project really similar to this.

Joy

Power member.
Seven said:
Do you live in Texas? Maybe we live in the same school district. 

Nope.
But, this project shouldn't be too hard.
Someone help this dude out! <3

Homie

Can I still do it even if I don't have a disease?

Pandas

User is banned.
What is the information for the question, like the beginning ? 

Seven

User is banned.
@homie If you are asking for a disease, it is "Fragile X".
@"nokia", there is no previous question. You must answer these related to the syndrome "Fragile X".

Shiver

If this were 8th grade science I could probably help you but I can tell already it's not.

Phenomix

User is banned.
1) What is the name of your disease/disorder? - Fragile X
2) Who can get the disease? Both boys and girls can be affected by Fragile X, but since boys have only one X chromosome, girls are more affected by this.
3) How does it occur? Fragile X is caused by a change in the gene known as FMR1, which makes a protein that is needed for your brain to work properly.
4) Can it be inherited? If so, can it be detected or found early? Yes, it can be inherited in an X-linked dominant pattern. The average age of a victim being diagnosed is age 3 for boys, and age 3 and half for girls.

There are the first 4 answers. Don't have time for any more, sorry, otherwise I would.

Seven

User is banned.
PaladinPHP said:
1) What is the name of your disease/disorder? - Fragile X
2) Who can get the disease? Both boys and girls can be affected by Fragile X, but since boys have only one X chromosome, girls are more affected by this.
3) How does it occur? Fragile X is caused by a change in the gene known as FMR1, which makes a protein that is needed for your brain to work properly.
4) Can it be inherited? If so, can it be detected or found early? Yes, it can be inherited in an X-linked dominant pattern. The average age of a victim being diagnosed is age 3 for boys, and age 3 and half for girls.

There are the first 4 answers. Don't have time for any more, sorry, otherwise I would.
Thank you! I did the rest, only need number 5 now.

Homie

1) What is the name of your disease/disorder?
Fragile X
2) Who can get the disease?
Males and Females.
3) How does it occur?
Fragile X syndrome is inherited in an X-linked dominant pattern.
A condition is considered X-linked if the mutated gene that causes the disorder is located on the X chromosome,
one of the two sex chromosomes. (The Y chromosome is the other sex chromosome.)
The inheritance is dominant if one copy of the altered gene in each cell is sufficient to cause the condition
4) Can it be inherited? If so, can it be detected or found early?
Yes it can be inherited as I stated earlier. Pregnant women who have an FMR1 premutation or full mutation may pass that mutated gene on to their children.
A prenatal test allows health care providers to detect the mutated gene in the developing fetus.
This important information helps families and providers to prepare for Fragile X syndrome and to intervene as early as possible.
5) Is it a chromosomal or single gene mutation? Which chromosome or gene is affected? Describe the type of mutation that causes this disorder?
It is a single gene mutattion.

Cba to do anymore.

Phenomix

User is banned.

Fragile X is a single gene mutation, as it affects the gene FMR1. The defect makes FMR1 not properly create the protein, that is needed for your brain to function properly.

Phenomix

User is banned.
Seven said:
@homie
Thank you, got a lot of more info.

@paladinPHP
Thank you for all your help.

No problem, if you ever need my help again, shoot me a PM. I'm a 5.0 GPA student working on his Senior year of High School.