• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Best place to learn code.

Awhile

I've tried using code academy but it seems I almost retain no information from it and haven't found anything else. I know very simple html and want to learn CSS and Java.

Mango

User is banned.
Ive tried youtube videos. Its something if you want to learn the basics nothing complex

Mytho

Onyx user!
Code Academy is very good, but the style doesn't work for everybody. I learned Java and C# just by reading books I picked up from the store. They're very interactive and will teach you everything step by step and explain it great.
However, languages like RUBY and HTML are best learned on code academy because it gives the example GUI to work with :p

Awhile

Mytho said:
Code Academy is very good, but the style doesn't work for everybody. I learned Java and C# just by reading books I picked up from the store. They're very interactive and will teach you everything step by step and explain it great.
However, languages like RUBY and HTML are best learned on code academy because it gives the example GUI to work with :p

Alright man I'll try and gather the motivation to continue code academy. Also do you code websites yourself?

Mytho

Onyx user!
Awhile said:
Alright man I'll try and gather the motivation to continue code academy. Also do you code websites yourself?
I know quite a bit of HTML, not my sharpest language but I can do it.

Awhile

Skorp said:
practice practice practice

no point in learning if you dont practice

use youtube, books, google, language docs, stack overflow, etc,
it almost feels like i get it when im using codeacademy and shit, but as soon as im on my own i remember basically what im supposed to do but cant code without looking back.

Cred

Search up on youtube and follow a step by step guide to make a website or program. You'll copy it exactly but you'll be learning the code as you write it.

Awhile

coltie2 said:

Get your post reported you dweeb. You need 25char. On another note I am now looking into to see if my school offers a coding class.

Gear

Power member.
Yeh like you said about code academy it seems like it's working but once you're on your own you can't remember anything. I find the best way to practice is to write a program on a piece of paper then type it out on the computer and see where you went wrong. Writing it down stops you relying on auto-correct or copying and pasting from stack overflow.

Roz

I can teach you lol. But you best bet is to just go to w3schools.com and get something like notepad++ or codec or dreamweaver. Just mess around with syntax until you understand then you can do what you please with it. Coming from a computer science major this is your best bet buddy. Good luck!