• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Before Saying "Use Sandboxie It Works, No Virus!"

Reality

User is banned.
Sandboxie, the Virtual Machine-Like Program

What is Sandboxie?

• Sandboxie is a standalone secure program that is used to test programs before running, usually to see if it is binded with malware.

Is it safe?

• Sandboxie is a safe download. You will not be infected unless for some odd reason you are stupid enough to download from other than the vendor himself, Ronen Tzur.

Reality: Why are you making this thread?

--

Sandboxie is easily BYPASSED now. It is no longer a 'proprietary program,' in which you will remain safe. Sandboxie was originally fine, with minor problems such as Stealers still being able to steal information, however now people are able to get infected, and should not be directed for Sandboxie on a normal basis!!!

How, Why, Obvious reasons that it is no longer useful as it was.

• Look at the average crypter on any hacking site, IE: HF. Most crypters come with the function, 'Anti Sandboxie,' and if they don't, every RAT has one itself, if it's a good one. When the server is not FUD, it'll be protected when ran in sandboxie, but if crypted; then run in sandboxie, it'll fail to protect the user and they'll be infected

Sandboxie can work well, though!!

Running Sandboxie stand-alone on an operating system will leave you infected, Why?

• Malware is often coded to detect if Sandboxie is on a computer, or a virtual machine. If the malware detects it's on a computer, it'll activate, if it detects Sandbox is running on a VM, it won't activate, because it'll sense that it is not going to be stealing any info, as it is being tested.

What's your next move, when someone asks about a file?

Credits: Me

RE: Before saying 'Use Sandboxie it works, no virus!!1'

I really never knew about this, up until about 4-5 days ago.

Reality

User is banned.

Yeah everyone's been saying it on here and I'm like /wrist /wrist

xhtmlphp

Anti Sandboxie just kills the sandboxie process most of the time which is meant to lead most users into thinking it's corrupted when running through sandboxie therefore they might run it normally and get infected.

But, the annoying thing is, stealers will always be able to retrieve information through the sandboxie environment :s

Reality

User is banned.

AntiSandboxie is what happens when Sandboxie says it can't open it because it's denied.

xhtmlphp said:
Anti Sandboxie just kills the sandboxie process most of the time which is meant to lead most users into thinking it's corrupted when running through sandboxie therefore they might run it normally and get infected.

But, the annoying thing is, stealers will always be able to retrieve information through the sandboxie environment :s

You can actually edit something in Sandboxie that prevents a stealer from bypassing it. I'll have to find, and post it.

xhtmlphp

Reality said:
AntiSandboxie is what happens when Sandboxie says it can't open it because it's denied.

Yes and it won't infect your system.

Reality

User is banned.

IF it's killing sandboxie it means it's bypassing it. I've seen people say they're infected and they used sandboxie.

xhtmlphp

Reality said:
IF it's killing sandboxie it means it's bypassing it. I've seen people say they're infected and they used sandboxie.

I've tested CyberGate servers with Anti-Sandboxie and have never been infected so I don't know.

Reality

User is banned.

Cybergate isn't the only virus in the world :eek:ui:

xhtmlphp

Reality said:
Cybergate isn't the only virus in the world :eek:ui:

Yes I know but they all use the same Anti-Sandboxie method.

xhtmlphp

Bad Blood™ said:
html, Cybergate has one of the most poorly coded anti-system I have ever seen.
Most anti's at that. Most anti's just kill the process. So few of them are actually effective.
Really good anti's would just spoof the scanning module to skip that file. Sure it is about 50 times as much code, but it is 1000x more efficient.

I've never seen a program which doesn't just kill the process for sandboxie, although god knows what hacking has been taken to now.

All I know is that most programs still use the kill process shit.