• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

AMD processor sets 8.2GHz record!!!

м¢ℓσνιη

The Finnish extreme over-clockers “The Stilt” have set a new world record for clock speed. Using the AMD A10-6800K Richland APU, the guys managed to reach 8.2 GHz clock speed.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The AMD flagship chip was mounted on an ASUS F2A85-V Pro board and with the help of liquid nitrogen, the enthusiasts managed to reach a voltage of 2,008 volts and resulted in a core clock speed of 8,000.48MHz with its bus clock reading 126.99MHz.

The Stilt also found out that in an experiment that an x87-fix would increase the performance quite significantly in SuperPi. Meanwhile, the Finnish over-clockers managed to break their own record when they succeeded to hit a clock speed of 8,203.01MHz with a liquid nitrogen cooling system and voltage of 1,968V

The 8.2 GHz clock speed was possible with a multiplier of 63 and 130.21 bus clock. Check out the source link below for the world rankings of the over-clockers league.

Source

Beats

Power member.
Holy shit that's crazy. I wish my computer did that. AMD is pretty good, I have one. But I have always been an Intel boy. I bought my first AMD laptop (My current one) and I am satisfied with it.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
That's hella fast, crazy to think about. Damn.

Hybrii

Power member.
That's so crazy, I'm starting to think AMD is much better than Intel.

Cannabis

Onyx user!
kinco85 said:
That's insanely stupid....in a good way. Imagine how hot that CPU got after a while. xD

Well, it was cooled with liquid nitrogen. I don't think it got too hot.

Lion

Pretty nice, AMD is starting to take up the market from Intel. Sadly these processors can't be used conventionally, still cool to see that people overclock for the sport.

Raptor

Power member.
Star said:
Pretty nice, AMD is starting to take up the market from Intel. Sadly these processors can't be used conventionally, still cool to see that people overclock for the sport.
AMD is still nowhere near Intel in terms of what you get from your cores at higher budgets.

the776product

You can overclock the shit out of any CPU, but that still has its limits.
A CPU's speed is majorly influenced by the actual architecture of the CPU.

Raptor

Power member.
the776product said:
You can overclock the shit out of any CPU, but that still has its limits.
A CPU's speed is majorly influenced by the actual architecture of the CPU.

You're missing the point. This is just a competition to see how high you can overclock a CPU.