• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

alienware alpha

coltie2

Ex-Staff
thoughts on the alpha? Is it worth buying/trying? Will it have a big future in gaming?

Seven

User is banned.
I have an Alienware at the moment, I can honestly say I do not like the new ones. Ever since Dell bought the company, it has started to slump in my opinion. Build your own computer, get something better for 1/2 the price.

PS:
What is the point of this new Alpha thing? Can't you just buy a controller for your current PC?

Hurt

Seven said:
I have an Alienware at the moment, I can honestly say I do not like the new ones. Ever since Dell bought the company, it has started to slump in my opinion. Build your own computer, get something better for 1/2 the price.

PS:
What is the point of this new Alpha thing? Can't you just buy a controller for your current PC?

I have no clue what the Alpha is OP, but I agree with Seven. Since Dell bought the company, they have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay downhill. I don't even see them as a legitimate option anymore, just shitty Dell computers with a different logo. Alienware was much better Pre-Dell so I assume this new Alpha thing will be 2015 junk.

Seven

User is banned.
カメラ said:
I have no clue what the Alpha is OP, but I agree with Seven. Since Dell bought the company, they have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay downhill. I don't even see them as a legitimate option anymore, just shitty Dell computers with a different logo. Alienware was much better Pre-Dell so I assume this new Alpha thing will be 2015 junk.
Luckily I got an Alienware before Dell made them shit.
Although, it is outdated and I for sure need a new one...

coltie2

Ex-Staff
The alpha is basically the stream machine. It's a console/pc that only runs steam. The point of buying would be because they allow you to open it up without voiding warranty to ad parts and future updates:) and you lucky ducks and your alienwares. I've always owned macs as my work field requires one.

It's nice to hear your guys input, I didn"t know Alienware was better as a company pre-dell.

old

Haven't looked into this one, but I bought the x51 over a year ago. I don't really pc game, but plan to get more into it possibly when I have more time. As a computer though, it runs like a dream.

Glacier

It's alienware, of course it's not worth it. For the price of that, you could build two insane gaming computers that would kick the Alienware computers ass.

tattoo

User is banned.
Don't buy an alienware at all. All you are buying is the logo.

Swish

Power member.
@Twelve, he shouldn't buy anything pre-built.

Buy the parts and build your own.

tattoo

User is banned.
Swish said:
@Twelve, he shouldn't buy anything pre-built.

Buy the parts and build your own.
very true. I built my own for fairly cheap and it runs like a beast.

Swish

Power member.
Twelve said:
very true. I built my own for fairly cheap and it runs like a beast.

Exactly, I made the mistake of buying a market computer 2 years ago and bought an HP. Now don't get me wrong, it has decent specs, but the GPU is pure shit and I don't feel like upgrading it cause it may crash soon.

tattoo

User is banned.
Swish said:
Exactly, I made the mistake of buying a market computer 2 years ago and bought an HP. Now don't get me wrong, it has decent specs, but the GPU is pure shit and I don't feel like upgrading it cause it may crash soon.

Why not ? easy upgrade for a gpu. and why do you think its going to crash?

Swish

Power member.
Twelve said:
Why not ? easy upgrade for a gpu. and why do you think its going to crash?

It is an HP. They are shit for long term keeping. Makes hella noise, and I think my PSU is bout to shit on itself.