• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Account Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jagex activated their account guardian today, and basically if one enables it, the program will block other unwanted devices. People will also have to answer several security questions to gain access to an account. Will Ratting be the only successful method to combat this 'guardian system'?

Chewbaka

Superman said:
Jagex activated their account guardian today, and basically if one enables it, the program will block other unwanted devices. People will also have to answer severely security questions to gain access to an account. Will Ratting be the only successful method to combat this 'guardian system'?

Yeah kind of. You would have to login to there account on their computer and trade. It is possible, but you to be lucky and catch them away from their computer.

Gogetaa

pretty much, and SE'ing but hacking isnt dead.

[EDIT]in response to chewwy: oh shit yeah completely forgot you'd have to do it from their computer do you think they will monitor mac adresses or just ips?

theres numerous rats out there that could still get this info, and im sure more will be made, along with fud bots, its just a matter of time.

Chewbaka

gogeta said:
pretty much, and SE'ing but hacking isnt dead.

[EDIT]in response to chewwy: oh shit yeah completely forgot you'd have to do it from their computer do you think they will monitor mac adresses or just ips?

theres numerous rats out there that could still get this info, and im sure more will be made, along with fud bots, its just a matter of time.

If they were smart, they would have to use something along the lines of an HWID to differentiate devices. Like you said, both Mac and IP addresses can be spoofed. This will effectively lower the amoun of accounts hacked by 80%.

Ben Hartley

zeus/spyeye/citadel with reverse proxy
webinject

rs mills price increase :)

Bonnie Lass

When a players IP changes (if dynamic IP) the player has to set up J.A.G again and enter their recoveries + email, a good key logger will log the usual stuff, username & password but now its possible to get their recoveries and their email as well. It's all entered on the one page. Once you have those details you can log into anyones account from anywhere and assign a new IP to the account.

It wont take long before someone writes a nice keylogger that silently waits to grab those details.

Deathcrow

Power member.
For every security system set in place, new ways to get around them are created

Bonnie Lass

deathcrow said:
For every security system set in place, new ways to get around them are created

^
That's so true.

Also what I said about the IP thing earlier is bug it's not meant to work that way. Lmao, new security thing is likely full of bugs.

Chewbaka

Bonnie Lass said:
When a players IP changes (if dynamic IP) the player has to set up J.A.G again and enter their recoveries + email, a good key logger will log the usual stuff, username & password but now its possible to get their recoveries and their email as well. It's all entered on the one page. Once you have those details you can log into anyones account from anywhere and assign a new IP to the account.

It wont take long before someone writes a nice keylogger that silently waits to grab those details.

The accounts aren't IP locked. There is a lot more stuff they store in the database. When you setup up JAG through your web browser, you can't log in with a bot client without setting up another device. This isn't good for botters because they may have actually found a way for to differentiate between people who run bot clients.

Watch this be some kind of diversion and the program actually looks for any type of rsbot cache, gf ez ban.

Eon

Onyx user!
Chewbaka said:
This isn't good for botters because they may have actually found a way for to differentiate between people who run bot clients.

> Don't sign up.
> Profit.

Zain

Onyx user!
>Spread bot clients
>Somewhat intelligent botters/lazy dumb people won't sign up for the Guardian
>Still RAT/Phish/Get dat monay
>Profit

Bonnie Lass

Chewbaka said:
The accounts aren't IP locked. There is a lot more stuff they store in the database. When you setup up JAG through your web browser, you can't log in with a bot client without setting up another device. This isn't good for botters because they may have actually found a way for to differentiate between people who run bot clients.

I hadn't looked at from the botting side of things and that's an interesting point about botting clients. And yeah you're right about accounts not bieng IP locked, they actually were for the 1st hr or so due to some bug. But they fixed that since they'd effectively locked out many of their customers.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
I'm not sure what exactly will happen, like anyone else.
But this actually shows that Jagex do care about the game, not like people said that it was dying and that they wanted to get all the money out of it before it died.

Deathcrow

Power member.
Daniel said:
But this actually shows that Jagex do care about the game, not like people said that it was dying and that they wanted to get all the money out of it before it died.

I was actually surprised that JAG was free. Kudos Jagex...

madcow344

deathcrow said:
Daniel said:

and that it's for F2P also !

just an question
when you RAT somebody and you have there email login you can then disable JAG and login right?

Montoya-Valdez

Onyx user!
madcow344 said:
deathcrow said:
Daniel said:

just an question
when you RAT somebody and you have there email login you can then disable JAG and login right?

No. There Security Question's that need to be filled out correctly aswell.

Adam

Onyx user!
madcow344 said:
deathcrow said:
Daniel said:

just an question

2 way verification. I'm impossible to hack :)

madcow344

HAAGENEES said:
madcow344 said:
deathcrow said:

just an question

No. There Security Question's that need to be filled out correctly aswell.

but if you hack the email and then click an "lost my Security question"and you get an email and confirm that and you can change it... or is this bullshit :3

Chewbaka

Storm said:
Chewbaka said:
This isn't good for botters because they may have actually found a way for to differentiate between people who run bot clients.

> Don't sign up.
> Profit.

That's not the point. This could mean that they could detect botting clients whether they have it on or not. But this is all speculation and if RSBot only justs spoofs mac addresses, then everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.