• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

A few pointers...

Heir

Onyx user!
Ok. So you're joining a private server? Ok I have a few tips to stop people taking advantage of your details. They may sound stupid, but trust me, this sort of stuff happens.

• [*]Sign up with a different username
    by doing this, you are preventing any REAL details being released to the private server owner. You never know if he's dodgy or not.
    Okay, by also doing this you are preventing your e-mail getting hacked. You don't want people going through your mail now do you? :non:
    By doing this you're preventing yourself from getting your account stolen/hacked. PERIOD.
  • Give no information about your REAL account
    Don't even talk about your real RuneScape account. Chances are, they'll probably get you to talk about your real account, and you WILL get jacked if you didn't follow the above points.

Other than them points, enjoy!

If these just pointed out the obvious for you, some people may have just started this sort of thing, and from what I know from private servers you can get the dodgy owner or two. :pirate:

Hope it helps. :blackhat:

Dykerosoft

Great tutorial, should help some people from being conned out of their accounts.

Great pointers, An also doesn't the owner have a list of all account names + passwords somewhere among the folders to do with the server? So if they get your real account name, theirs the chance the player would use the same password for that account and his Fake RS account.

Danger Close

Onyx user!
Also, I would suggest putting an "IF" it happens.

Such as, if they get access to your RuneScape account, and they ask.

Gimme your pin, or I'll get you banned

Just don't listen to them, JaGeX has logs of IPs. You can just appeal it.

Never submit :)

Amazing

I don't you it's necessary to register under a different email address, but I suppose it could keep you safe. Though, I definitely agree with signing up using a different password. If the owner knows you, or mainly knows where you have been, and the passwords aren't encrypted, he can easily hack all of your accounts, regardless of what they are, real Runescape accounts, Facebook accounts, etc..

Heir

Onyx user!
CorruptionX™ said:
Great pointers, An also doesn't the owner have a list of all account names + passwords somewhere among the folders to do with the server? So if they get your real account name, theirs the chance the player would use the same password for that account and his Fake RS account.

I listed this?

Pink Floyd said:
I think some of these are a bit obvious, but thank you!

Yeah, people might be complete noobs to it so here's the basic low-down.