• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

44 percent of Republicans favor a Christian theocracy according to a new survey

Chainsmoke

Onyx user!
A new PPP Survey reveals that 44 percent of Republicans favor making Christianity the official religion of the United States. While that is not a huge surprise, it becomes more frightening when you realize only 53 percent of Democrats and Republicans combined oppose the idea.
That is because 28 percent of Democrats said they favor a Christian theocracy. That number is shockingly high for the liberal US party.
It gets worse, though, because according to the poll, three out of four adults favor eliminating the First Amendment which would destroy the secular government we have now.

How does this make you feel?

Source:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthr...hristian-theocracy-according-to-a-new-survey/

HUNNID

User is banned.
Personally I am a republican and I don't believe in religion. I think it is awful, and one of the worst things man has created. I hate to see it get involved in Politics, and even worse influence voters. But thats just my 2 cents.

Professor

Our country was founded with religious integration - assuming you're American. Some argue that as we stray from such beliefs which we structured ourselves, we note increased turmoil, which is the basis of the correlation vs. causation argument. I do not, however, support the establishment of an "official religion"; I believe in freedom of religion, which is a right guaranteed to be protected in the first amendment. With that said, I prefer the members of our government to have religious affiliations similar to that which established our nation.

As for the 3/4 adults favoring abolishing the first amendment... If valid, that statistic makes me think we've become incredibly ignorant as a nation. People in undeveloped nations literally get killed because they don't have anything similar to the 1st amendment to protect them.

None of this will ever happen.

Magnificent

i dont have a religon so i dont give a shit tbh lmaoooo