• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Your thoughts on seatbelts?

Relapse

Onyx user!
I was driving and had a thought. Why do the police enforce that you must wear a seat belt? I mean, your not harming anybody besides YOURSELF by not wearing a seatbelt and it should be your choice. They give hefty fines in Florida for not wearing it, and I think its just a waste of time and money for the people and the police.

/discuss

Relapse

Onyx user!
I'm just saying it seems like a waste of the police force and money to enforce a stupid law like that.

Phantomkiller42

Onyx user!
Packers said:
I'm just saying it seems like a waste of the police force and money to enforce a stupid law like that.

A stupid law like that.

That's a stupid comment, tbh.

Why wouldn't you wear your seat belt when it can save you life? Your joking right?

Relapse

Onyx user!
Im not saying there not safe -.-

I'm saying just seems like a stupid law and it should be a choice. Thanks for all the high quality posts guys

sign2.gif

Phantomkiller42 said:
A stupid law like that.

That's a stupid comment, tbh.

Why wouldn't you wear your seat belt when it can save you life? Your joking right?

I've repeated myself 3 times already. THAT is a stupid comment

Yeah. It shOuld be a choice for adults but the truth is they are just trying to lower death rates. Also, seatbelts can be dangerous it has killed people in numerous cases. Almost everything has a good side and bad side. But you have to weigh it and see if it's worth it. And truthfully...good beats bad when it comes to seatbelts.

Relapse

Onyx user!
Lemme clarify. I'm not discussing how safe seatbelts are, im talking about the law only. Just the law

It's a law because they don't want to be cleaning up your dismembered body parts off the streets and take the time to clean your blood off the streets.

Barney Stinson

Onyx user!
Personally I feel that seat belts should be enforced because they keep us safe when driving.
If it weren't being enforced and people were getting all injured and stuff due to accidents, then people would want a seat belt law THEN, and wouldn't complain about it. I've heard a lot of people complain about it, not saying you are of course.
Click or ticket, you know?
Let's say you were wearing it and you get hit by a drunk driver, your chances of surviving are higher, because the seat belt alone.
All in all I think it's a good law to have, as it does what it's supposed to, keep us safe.

WetRain

I believe if you weren't wearing a seatbelt and flew out the front window and hit someone, it would hurt em pree bad.

Aidan

WetRain said:
I believe if you weren't wearing a seatbelt and flew out the front window and hit someone, it would hurt em pree bad.

I agree with this guy

Pink Floyd

Obviously you'd only be harming yourself, but by harming yourself you can be problematic by filing lawsuits. Say you crashed into a state worker and now you're suing him, but you weren't wearing your seatbelt. He can't prove that you cannot and now you've become a big, annoying brat in the legal system.