• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Xbox One S?

coltie2

Ex-Staff
So I just pre-ordered the xbox one s because why not? I've had my xbox one since day one and I believe it would be nice to get rid of the fucking powerbrick. Is anyone else going to get the new xbox? I MIGHT end up canceling the pre-order though because only one more year until holiday 2017 when project scorpio comes out and of course I will buy that...

Rick Harrison

Onyx user!
coltie2 said:
So I just pre-ordered the xbox one s because why not? I've had my xbox one since day one and I believe it would be nice to get rid of the fucking powerbrick. Is anyone else going to get the new xbox? I MIGHT end up canceling the pre-order though because only one more year until holiday 2017 when project scorpio comes out and of course I will buy that...

I'm glad you brought this up actually. Is getting good rid of the power-brick the only reason you're buying it? That doesn't really bother me, honestly, so would it still be worth the purchase, or should I just wait for the scorpio? Also, do you get anything cool for pre-ordering or purchasing on day one? Like the day one achievement for the current XB1.

Rare

I love how the console looks but it's just a waste of money.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Virus said:
I'm glad you brought this up actually. Is getting good rid of the power-brick the only reason you're buying it? That doesn't really bother me, honestly, so would it still be worth the purchase, or should I just wait for the scorpio? Also, do you get anything cool for pre-ordering or purchasing on day one? Like the day one achievement for the current XB1.
Ok, so in ALL honestly... the xbox one s is only smaller, and doesn't have a powerbrick. It can watch MOVIES/streams in 4k but NOT games. The console itself is supposed to be a little bit faster but if you want something way better this console will not be it. It also offers blutooth in the controllers for longer range but who cares about that. Basically the S is just a cleaner sharper version. It will look better next to your tv or setup and take up less space. That is the only reason I'm buying it. Also because I just like to get new toys every now and then.

side note: it does have HDR support to play games in higher quality but still not much of a difference since it isn't literally running 4k.

My conclusion: 

If you currently have a xbox one should you buy it? ONLY if you have money to blow or want a smaller console. It will virtually be the same and you actually loose the ability to use a kinect because you will have to buy the adapter.

If you don't have a xbox one YET should you buy it? YES YES YES. It is smaller, better looking and overall newer. If you are worried about saving money for the next scorpio console...don't worry. It is still worth buying the xbox one s. There is also life hacks to save money such as buying the 500gb version for $299 and getting a 3-4tb EXTERNAL harddrive for around 50$. That will = the cost of a 1tb version xbox one s but in the long run you will benefit because you have more storage and the external harddrive can quickly be plugged into ANY xbox. Or even the scorpio when it comes out.

@virus

@rare you are poor

@philly what are your thoughts about the new xbox one s ?

Color

I'd grab one if I could trade mine and upgrade for like $100, but I doubt that'll happen. I'll likely just wait for the new one.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
Color said:
I'd grab one if I could trade mine and upgrade for like $100, but I doubt that'll happen.  I'll likely just wait for the new one.

I bet you could if you sold your xbox like a week before the new one comes out. And then buy the $299 version.

Color

coltie2 said:
I bet you could if you sold your xbox like a week before the new one comes out. And then buy the $299 version.
Maybe, but it would be a bummer downgrading from the 1 tb xbox.  I would like to be able to stand it up, so I don't have to sit my PS4 on it all the time, though.  Plus without it being massive+ having a power brick would be great.

The Host

Still have my day one edition. Going to keep it. But will upgrade when Scorpio is out

coltie2

Ex-Staff
The Host said:
Still have my day one edition. Going to keep it. But will upgrade when Scorpio is out

I didn't know you had a day one edition? I thought I was one of the only people on this forum who had it? #squad

I'm just going to get everything they come out with because why not.